Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

immigrating to Canada from U.S. within Canada via sponsorship

immigrating to Canada from U.S. within Canada via sponsorship

Old Apr 27th 2002, 2:00 pm
2 Slick

Default immigrating to Canada from U.S. within Canada via sponsorship

Hello, I was needing some help on if some of this is feasibly possible to do. I met
my current fiancee on the internet over a year ago. She came down to see me for two
weeks recently. We know that it can take up to two years for me to be approved if we
aren't married. Is it possible for me to go on a visitors pass up to six months, get
married to her, and have her sponsor me from within Canada while I'm currently there.
Police certificates, and the like, do you have to get those before you leave the
U.S., if so, how much, and how long does it take to get that. What would I tell the
customs border officer? Should I tell them I intend on marrying her when I get there,
and she is going to sponsor me after I get married? Would having any documents to
help prove our relationship help? If so, what would help. Sorry for so many
questions. We were trying to get me to come down there when my lease ends here at the
end of May. Lastly, would you see any reason why they'd reject me entry into Canada?
Thanks in advance.