Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History

IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History

Old Feb 15th 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History

Hi today I received an email from CIC asking for more information about my personal history (Question 8 - IMM5669E). Originally I couldn't put all my personal history into the space that was provided as it wasn't enough space so I copied the blank fields and 'photoshopped' duplicating it so there was enough for my history. I believe CIC are asking me to to this again using the official form. However, this will mean using duplicate amounts of the same form (maybe 5 in total). When doing this will I have to replicate the other information for the other questions as well again each time?

How did others complete their personal history when there wasn't enough space?

thanks
Old Feb 15th 2013, 3:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History

Fill in the 5 spaces on the form, then attach a supplementary form with the extra info. We just did ours in Word and recreated the table (just used the same headings) and used that to fill in the rest of the history.

On that sheet, make sure you put something like "IMM0008 Question 8 - Supplementary information" and then the sponsors/sponsored person's names at the top - just in case the sheet gets separated at any point. We just slotted ours behind the rest of the IMM0008 form (so had the however many pages of the IMM0008 form, and then the extra page at the end).

We took this same approach for all questions where we needed more space, I had quite a few pages of supplementary information in the end.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skytra7
Hi today I received an email from CIC asking for more information about my personal history (Question 8 - IMM5669E). Originally I couldn't put all my personal history into the space that was provided as it wasn't enough space so I copied the blank fields and 'photoshopped' duplicating it so there was enough for my history. I believe CIC are asking me to to this again using the official form. However, this will mean using duplicate amounts of the same form (maybe 5 in total). When doing this will I have to replicate the other information for the other questions as well again each time?

How did others complete their personal history when there wasn't enough space?

thanks
Are you sure there are not just gaps in your history or some information missing? They don't mind you adding in additional pages - but they do mind gaps in personal history or it not going back far enough.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 5:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just realised my response referenced imm 0008, should have been 5669 buy the same logic is still applicable.

I can't remember offhand, but is this the "10 years or since age 18, whichever comes first" question?
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:31 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Just realised my response referenced imm 0008, should have been 5669 buy the same logic is still applicable.

I can't remember offhand, but is this the "10 years or since age 18, whichever comes first" question?
It is and what the officer who is checking through your form, wishes to see, varies. Some will accept going back ten years, some want 18. Any gaps in the personal history or not even explanation will be picked up on and they will want to see that information provided
Old Feb 15th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replies. I think I might have made some error in my understanding of the email CIC sent earlier (so my original post might be somewhat wrong)....

CIC have emailed me to ask for more information about my personal history about 'specific dates'.

They have asked for more info about "date x to x; date x -x; date x-x and date x -x."

They are also asking me to go back to 18, but the guidelines at the time of application allowed applicants two choices, and as a mature person I went back only 10 years.

How should I reply to this? Should I simply write out the extra requested info as an additional form?

And do you have to post it back or can you reply to the email? (it doesn't really state how to reply).

P.s - Also just had a look at the NEW 5669 form and it seems to have changed somewhat to the older one I did. There is now a column/field which says 'status in country' for section 8. What's that about please? My assumption is that is where you sate, employed, student, unemployed etc, am I right?

thanks again!
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by skytra7
Thanks for replies. I think I might have made some error in my understanding of the email CIC sent earlier (so my original post might be somewhat wrong)....

CIC have emailed me to ask for more information about my personal history about 'specific dates'.

They have asked for more info about "date x to x; date x -x; date x-x and date x -x."

They are also asking me to go back to 18, but the guidelines at the time of application allowed applicants two choices, and as a mature person I went back only 10 years.

How should I reply to this? Should I simply write out the extra requested info as an additional form?

And do you have to post it back or can you reply to the email? (it doesn't really state how to reply).

P.s - Also just had a look at the NEW 5669 form and it seems to have changed somewhat to the older one I did. There is now a column/field which says 'status in country' for section 8. What's that about please? My assumption is that is where you sate, employed, student, unemployed etc, am I right?

thanks again!
Complete the new form providing the information they request - status in Country means - citizen, worker, visitor etc

Then e-mail and post a copy of the completed and signed form to them.