IMM 5669 - two versions??

Old Mar 29th 2022, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

missmayej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IMM 5669 - two versions??

Hi everyone,

Us again! I was just about to send off our finished application for common-law sponsorship for permanent residence in Canada, when I read that I should double-check if the forms are the most up to date version from the CIC website. When I look up 'IMM 5669' it returns two search results with two different dates:

IMM 5669 Schedule A: Background / Declaration Form 2019-06
eIMM 5669 Schedule A: Sponsorship Background/Declaration Form - To be used only when submitting a sponsorship application or when applying for refugee protection within Canada (Guide 5289, 5746 or 5772) 2018-11
- does this mean "Submitting a sponsorship application within Canada?" or rather "a sponsorship application in general OR a refugee protection within Canada?" This is the form the website told me to download, but I (the sponsor/Canadian citizen) am applying from outside Canada (in the UK, where I live with my common-law partner (the principal applicant)).

To put it another way, when I use the CIC site to get my application kit, it says I should use eIMM 5669, for common-law sponsorship where the principal applicant resides in the UK (nothing about where I'm living in the questionnaire). The one I filled out says, at the bottom, "IMM 5669 (11-2018)." I'm pretty sure I used the one from the provided application pack but now I'm concerned because the newer form, IMM 5669 (06-2019) looks the same as IMM 5669 (11-2018), except it has a different layout.

On the form itself, eIMM 5669 just says "IMM 5669 - Schedule A: Background/Declaration" and does not have the "e" or seem to say anything about the "only used when submitting a sponsorship" thing in the title; however, I can tell it's different because its date is 11-2018. This is the one we filled out. However, I wonder if it will look like we are using an out of date form because IMM 5669 2019-06 has an identical title, but apparently a different function. I am also worried in case eIMM 5669 is only for applications from within Canada.

Do they make this confusing on purpose?? This one last thing is driving me crazy!!

Thank you!!
Eliza Jane

Old Mar 29th 2022, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Antwerp_Belgian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMM 5669 - two versions??

The e in front of the form number is there to indicate it is the English version of the form. If you download the French ones, you get an f.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

missmayej is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I figured, but in that case I'm not sure why the government website differentiates between "IMM 5669" updated 2019 and "eIMM 5669" updated 2018 but then gives them different titles. The website also directed me to the 2018 version as "Only when submitting a sponsorship application" etc. etc.

I wonder if this means I should fill it out again with the 2019 version, even though it directed me to use the 2018 one?

Thanks!
Old Mar 29th 2022, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Antwerp_Belgian is an unknown quantity at this point

From my personal experience: I used the form as suggested by the IRCC "find an application package" tool, downloaded all of them and stuck to that.
So the eIMM 5669 Schedule A including validation from 2018. I filled this out and sent it in august of 2020 and my application got approved. There was no problem with the form.
This was for an outland spousal application for PR under the Family Class as well (similar to yours)