IELTS Exam

Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS Exam

From what I've read on this forum to apply for perminant residence I would need to take this Exam to prove English ability. I know this is mandatory in Alberta does anyone know or have any link to show which other provinces also require you two take the Exam
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:50 am
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IELTS Exam

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
From what I've read on this forum to apply for perminant residence I would need to take this Exam to prove English ability. I know this is mandatory in Alberta does anyone know or have any link to show which other provinces also require you two take the Exam
Manitoba requires....
You can look at this link : http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/

And so does CIC. Infact, I think it was CIC which made IELTS mandatory for all skilled worker applications; and also pushed the requirement through all PNP programs. And if i am not wrong, requirement is to prove proficiency in either of the official languages - English or French.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

If you are doing Alberta Provincial Nominee and you come from certain countries, you are EXEMPT for IELTS exam - see this link for more details, http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...-criteria.aspx

Don't know about other provinces but worth checking for whichever route you will take. When I did PR through Federal Skilled Worker, only the principal applicant had to sit the exam and I don't think thats changed.

good luck!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

My occupation is on the unskilled occupation list I did have a look at the link I think you still have to provide education Certs thanks .
Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Would it be possible to take this exam before I come to Canada if I was to pass how long would the result be valid for
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
Would it be possible to take this exam before I come to Canada if I was to pass how long would the result be valid for
Yes, you can take it at any IELTS test centre, and it's valid for 2 years. But you can also take it in Canada, where it's likely to be cheaper (although I'm not sure on that, so do check!).
Old Mar 7th 2013, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your reply's