IEC Question...

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about
Default IEC Question...

Hi guys,

Quick question if you do not mind folks, for the application form for the visa, it states that you have to attach a certificate of clean criminal record, however it does not state if it's for each country you have lived in, it seems to be just for your country of residence, or am in incorrect?

I need one for the Rep. of Ireland but have lived in the UK, Northern Ireland & Scotland, do I need one for the UK as well as the ROI? I actually have an older cert from the ACPO when I was going to apply for the skilled worker visa a year or so back, would this do?

Cheers!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

The Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Lost Paddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: IEC Question...

Any idea folks? Searched for a reference or alternative thread but have come up short...many thanks!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Quick bump in the event anyone can enlighten me today!

Many thanks!
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from the UK IEC page, but I imagine the same applies for Ireland:

I have spent more than six months in another country previously to applying to the IEC. Do I need to submit police certification from this country?

Generally, you are only required to submit a police certificate from the country of which you are a citizen. However, the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK reserves the right to ask for police certificates from other countries you have visited or resided in for more than six (6) months over the last five (5) years, should it be deemed necessary.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Taken from the UK IEC page, but I imagine the same applies for Ireland:

I have spent more than six months in another country previously to applying to the IEC. Do I need to submit police certification from this country?

Generally, you are only required to submit a police certificate from the country of which you are a citizen. However, the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK reserves the right to ask for police certificates from other countries you have visited or resided in for more than six (6) months over the last five (5) years, should it be deemed necessary.
Many thanks! I actually phoned USIT and got the same answer so luckily for now I just need a cert from the ROI, not the UK & Canada as I feared!

Cheers for the reply, appreciate it!