Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

IEC Invite, Arrested but not prosecuted - Police check

IEC Invite, Arrested but not prosecuted - Police check

Old May 25th 2016, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Travellinggrrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Invite, Arrested but not prosecuted - Police check

Hello

I've been following these forums for some time and now in need of some quick advice as I have received an IEC invite - please help! This seems a good thread to ask...

I was arrested in 2013 (no conviction, not charged) and no further action disposal some weeks later.

I now need to 'Provide a court record or police report that outlines the date, place and nature of the offence you committed and how you were involved. You must provide the document(s), even if you have not been charged with or convicted of this offence. If you are on trial, the document(s) should also indicate the stage of the proceedings'

I will apply for a subject access request but does anyone know if I need to approach the local police (in this case the Met) as well as ACRO for the PNC search to satisfy the above request?

Thanks for any help.
Old May 25th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Rejected help needed..

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I cant help with your question but would strongly suggest you start your own thread as you are more likely to get it noticed by others who can reply.
Old May 25th 2016, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Travellinggrrl
Hello

I've been following these forums for some time and now in need of some quick advice as I have received an IEC invite - please help! This seems a good thread to ask...

I was arrested in 2013 (no conviction, not charged) and no further action disposal some weeks later.

I now need to 'Provide a court record or police report that outlines the date, place and nature of the offence you committed and how you were involved. You must provide the document(s), even if you have not been charged with or convicted of this offence. If you are on trial, the document(s) should also indicate the stage of the proceedings'

I will apply for a subject access request but does anyone know if I need to approach the local police (in this case the Met) as well as ACRO for the PNC search to satisfy the above request?

Thanks for any help.
You can ask the Met to see if they will provide details of the incident. If not charged or convicted then the Police Certificate will either come back No Trace or No Live Trace which you need to submit for the IEC. The more info you provide will help CIC.
Old May 25th 2016, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

If your ACRO Police certificate says No Live Trace then you WILL be asked for the details of what it was.

As the Police SAR takes 40 days (and they WILL take all 40 days, replying on the 40th day), apply for it now rather than waiting until your Police Certificate turns up or you get asked for more info.

You only need to apply for the SAR from ACRO initially. If it comes back with anything unexpected, then you will need to apply to the Police or the Court in the area where the incident occurred if more details are required.

I got a No Live Trace and applied for a SAR and the incident wasn't the one I thought it would be....it was a D&D that I couldn't remember, because I was so drunk....

Last edited by withabix; May 25th 2016 at 10:28 pm.
Old May 25th 2016, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcomes and info.

Police cert I've had for a while (but less than 6 months) and No Trace. I want to submit all info that will help my case just wondering if both local and national databases are needed (meaning 2 separate applications). I think I will just apply to both and as you've said give all info.

As I was not charged or convicted I'm hoping/ assuming that this won't affect my application? This has been my only arrest.
Old May 25th 2016, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Travellinggrrl
Thanks for the welcomes and info.

Police cert I've had for a while (but less than 6 months) and No Trace. I want to submit all info that will help my case just wondering if both local and national databases are needed (meaning 2 separate applications). I think I will just apply to both and as you've said give all info.

As I was not charged or convicted I'm hoping/ assuming that this won't affect my application? This has been my only arrest.
If your Police Cert says No Trace, you're in the clear (unless you've done something since it was issued).

No Trace means there is nothing on the PNC. No records.
Old May 25th 2016, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.

It's hard to know where to go for the records requested by CIC as no charge/ conviction but they want police reports/ court records! It makes sense now that perhaps I just need to go to ACRO first...
Old May 26th 2016, 6:27 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Invite, Arrested but not prosecuted - Police check

Hello Travellinggrrl - I've moved your posts and the replies to a thread of your own.

Welcome to BE, by the way!

Old May 26th 2016, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Thank you Siouxie!
Old May 29th 2016, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute

Provide a court record or police report that outlines the date, place and nature of the offence you committed and how you were involved. You must provide the document(s), even if you have not been charged with or convicted of this offence. If you are on trial, the document(s) should also indicate the stage of the proceedings'

this is quite amazing if this is the text provided by CIC, if you did not commit an offence i dont know how you are supposed to answer? it seems to assume that because you were arrested that you committed an offence.

anyone can be walking down the street and get arrested for lets say mistaken identity mugger matches your description. police realize their mistake release you without charge you did not commit any offence so can someone please explain how you are supposed to "Provide a court record or police report that outlines the date, place and nature of the offence you committed "