IEC approved !

Old May 19th 2022, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Fraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond repute
Default IEC approved !

Hi, my daughter just had her iec approved today !

we are already in Canada on work permits but my daughter applied for this so she is able to work also (age currently on visitor visa ) we used a medical from July last year (done for submitting for PR under cec but waiting a draw !)

the medical is only valid until July this year - does this mean she must activate (leave and re enter border) before July - or does it just mean she would not be allowed to work in the approved jobs which require a medical such as childcare etc if she re enters after the medical has expired ?!

thank you
Old May 19th 2022, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC approved !

Medicals aren’t required for most IEC applicants. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...t.html#medical

HTH.
Old May 19th 2022, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Fraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond reputeFraserl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I know they aren’t an essential (only if she wanted to work in a certain sector with childcare or elderly and I selected yes so she can work In childcare) it’s been approved I just want to ensure as the medical expires in July .. if she activated it after that date does that just mean she may not get approved for that sector rather than not been able to actually get a work permit at all if the medical has expired
Old May 19th 2022, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ok. Her POE letter will have a date on it which she has to activate it by, which should be the expiry date of her medical exam.

HTH.
Old May 19th 2022, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, ok. Her POE letter will have a date on it which she has to activate it by, which should be the expiry date of her medical exam.

HTH.
hmm ok thank you ….
it has letter of introduction validity May 19 2023
and medical exam validity July 13 2022 … we are hoping to go to border before July but just wondering if it was after will she get refused do you think ? Or just not be able to work in a sector which requires the medical
Old May 20th 2022, 8:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Fraserl
hmm ok thank you ….
it has letter of introduction validity May 19 2023
and medical exam validity July 13 2022 … we are hoping to go to border before July but just wondering if it was after will she get refused do you think ? Or just not be able to work in a sector which requires the medical
Odd, as the official info says "Your POE Letter will normally be valid for 12 months. If you underwent a medical exam, it will be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam or for 12 months, whichever is less." Maybe there's been a relaxation due to Covid.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it, and would just make sure I activated it before the medical expires.
Old May 20th 2022, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Odd, as the official info says "Your POE Letter will normally be valid for 12 months. If you underwent a medical exam, it will be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam or for 12 months, whichever is less." Maybe there's been a relaxation due to Covid.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it, and would just make sure I activated it before the medical expires.

great thank you will get it done asap
Old May 20th 2022, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry me again ! Just to check this doesn’t mean they will only issue a work permit valid till July 22 when her medical expires ?? I was hoping from the U.K. she would get 24 months !