British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   IEC 2016 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/iec-2016-a-868659/)

ChrisBan Feb 22nd 2016 6:49 am

Re: Insurance (IEC)

True Traveller is popular amongst the IEC community, and the price is about right for what you'd expect

Mhlb92 Apr 6th 2016 12:24 pm

Re: IEC 2015

Can anyone tell me how much the IEC costs all in all? Including, fees, police check, Medicals, insurance, flights, proof of funds, etc. I've tried working it all out but the insurance and flights get me confused lol. Ideally I'd prefer replies from English people as I'm working it out in £s.

Also, where's the best place to buy insurance that doesn't cost a fortune?

Thank you!

Stinkypup Apr 6th 2016 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mhlb92 (Post 11915788)
Can anyone tell me how much the IEC costs all in all? Including, fees, police check, Medicals, insurance, flights, proof of funds, etc. I've tried working it all out but the insurance and flights get me confused lol. Ideally I'd prefer replies from English people as I'm working it out in £s.

Thank you!

Oh lawd, I'm not sure if you are going to find any English people here......:rofl:
I'm sorry Mhlb92 I couldn't resist... The clue is in the title of the forum... We can convert to all sorts of currencies if it makes it easier:cool:

Siouxie Apr 6th 2016 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mhlb92 (Post 11915788)

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to BE!

We can help you with the basic costs but the flights will be down to where you are coming from, where you are going to and when you are going!

I'll do it in Canadian $ first then convert it but it will only be an approximate conversion as the rates change daily (and even hourly!).

Participation fee: $150 (+/- £75)
Work permit fee: $100 (+/- £50)
ACRO Police check, Standard 10 days £45
Medical - not needed for IEC unless you are working in healthcare or with children.
Proof of funds: $2400 (+/- £1200)

Total without insurance or flights, around £1370 (or slightly more depending on the exchange rate, so say £1500 to be on the safe side)

Insurance cost - you will need to check this, looking at 'gap year' or 'backpacker' insurance that will cover you for 2 years and allow working and cover you for healthcare and repatriation.

I'm going to move your post to the IEC 2016 thread as there are lots of helpful people going through the same thing. There's quite a few suggestions of good places for insurance in the thread, so feel free to have a look see and ask any questions you would like.

:)

PS. I'm English :p

Koggs Apr 11th 2016 7:30 am

Re: IEC 2016

Hi All
I have completed my visa application but my partner was awaiting his police clearance certificate to arrive, which it has done now. We are finding difficulty uploading the file on his already submitted application, (he had sent the application with proof of police clearance requested)...is anybody aware of how to get this police cert now attached and sent off to fully complete his application.

Thanks
Koggs

ChrisBan Apr 11th 2016 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Koggs (Post 11920168)
Hi All
I have completed my visa application but my partner was awaiting his police clearance certificate to arrive, which it has done now. We are finding difficulty uploading the file on his already submitted application, (he had sent the application with proof of police clearance requested)...is anybody aware of how to get this police cert now attached and sent off to fully complete his application.

Thanks
Koggs

If the application has been submitted, you usually have to wait for your application to be updated requesting you to add the police certificate.

Just to add, I've been seeing people getting approved this year supposedly with only the proof of police cert application submitted.

djosef Apr 18th 2016 11:40 pm

deadlines for applying the IEC pool

Hi, All

Could anyone tell me if the deadline for the IEC submission POOL has been closed for 2016 ?

If you are in the UK, how can you get the language test done and acquire the materials for it ?

regards :fingerscrossed:

Vulcanoid Apr 18th 2016 11:51 pm

Re: deadlines for applying the IEC pool

The pools are still open. There are currently 2,611 spots available. There is no language test for IEC.

PB65 Apr 19th 2016 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid (Post 11926653)
The pools are still open. There are currently 2,611 spots available. There is no language test for IEC.

true but there were so far 3680 invitations/applications so if all those process could only be 1320 slots left and as of apr18 CIC have issues with the selection process so no idea when they will start again now. Second week running they have had issues and previously they said no invites even on apr 25 so could be May now. The new process for 2016 seems to have issues from the beginning and lot of people reporting in pool since December still waiting

Vulcanoid Apr 19th 2016 12:15 am

Yep. But the pool is open, and there's no published deadline to be in it before. And as you say, it's random chance, so OP may well be chosen if they make a profile now over people who've been waiting since December.

I do wonder if CIC consider this a success - more stress and less info all round, it seems like!

KateRose1988 Apr 19th 2016 5:16 am

Apparently not eligible for IEC but have no idea hwy?

I've just started the 'Come to Canada' eligbility test to see if I can apply for IEC and after the short questionnaire it says Im not eligible to come to Canada.
I cant understand why, Im the right age, and want to work while travelling for a year.
Anyone had the same, or know why this might happen?
I havent got a job offer, Im not intending on studying etc, I just wanted to work whilst travelling.

It does ask if I have a letter from an organisation that will help me plan my trip and find work. Is that usually necessary?

Jusy trying to figure out what is making me ineligible!

TIA for any help!

ChrisBan Apr 19th 2016 5:22 am

Re: Apparently not eligible for IEC but have no idea hwy?

Originally Posted by KateRose1988 (Post 11926904)
I've just started the 'Come to Canada' eligbility test to see if I can apply for IEC and after the short questionnaire it says Im not eligible to come to Canada.
I cant understand why, Im the right age, and want to work while travelling for a year.
I havent got a job offer, Im not intending on studying etc, I just wanted to work whilst travelling.

It does ask if I have a letter from an organisation that will help me plan my trip and find work. Is that usually necessary?

TIA for any help!

Did you select British Citizen for country of passport rather United Kingdom and Colonies?

PS there is a thread that we like to try and keep all IEC matters in so those with the same questions can see what feedback has previously been given :)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...2016-a-868659/

christmasoompa Apr 19th 2016 5:28 am

Re: Apparently not eligible for IEC but have no idea hwy?

Yep, as said above, please do post any IEC queries in the IEC thread. I'll move this one now - you'll no doubt find that if you search that thread, the question has already been asked and answered.

HTH.

Siouxie Apr 19th 2016 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by KateRose1988 (Post 11927004)

TIA for any help!

If you look at my post it gives an example as to how to fill out the wizard to get a positive result - don't worry, this happens often - it's mainly an issue over what has been put down for Country of Passport and Country of Residence. You have to put the Country of Residence as in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland (or whatever applies) and not UK/British Isles/GB etc., and Country of Passport as British Citizen/Northern Ireland or whatever applies. http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11910604

:)

Tattoocaz Apr 20th 2016 5:33 am

Was just wondering if you do not get picked, how many times can you apply again. do you need to make up a new account thing etc.

Sorry if this isnt allowed on this thread i just flew bk from canada last night and applied for an IEC , after finding this thread still catching my bearings so sorry in advance.

Good luck to you all :D nervous but exciting times lol