IEC 2014

Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

JonAlcock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2014

Originally Posted by CRAY
Hey guys, Does anyone know at what point you would need to submit your police check?

This December opening has totally caught me off guard as I was expecting January at the earliest.

Also how do you know when they open on the day? I'm assuming people will be rubbing their F5 buttons to nubs. But where does it actually say OPEN lol. And I guess you can create a Compass account until that moment too.

cheers
You only need police check for stage 2, think you get 3 months to submit the docs needed for that so people on other threads on here have been saying to wait and see if you get a place before spending £45 on a check you might not need (dno about you but I need to save every penny between now and actually going to Canada!!!)
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Christmasoompa, Im sure this thread will be as usual around 95% people asking questions and 5%
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the Irish and Canadian governments negotiated it between themselves. It is reciprocal, so it works both ways. No point complaining about it, particularly when the UK is one of only a handful of countries that get to participate anyway!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

CRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond reputeCRAY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Christmasoompa, in a thread which will most likely be about 99% question askers it's nice to have someone willing to give answers. Same thanks goes to any other experienced people who are making time to discuss this.

And yes Beckiwoo F5 generally refreshes the page.

although which page to refresh was my query? I suppose the Canadainternational.gc.ca thingy would be the best guess
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:48 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, the Irish and Canadian governments negotiated it between themselves. It is reciprocal, so it works both ways. No point complaining about it, particularly when the UK is one of only a handful of countries that get to participate anyway!
Interesting how you didn't mention my answer about the number of visas 5,350 and 5,500 between the 2 countries!

I'll drop it now seeing as you don't wish to discuss it but I'm getting a bit taken aback by the unfriendliness of people on here sometimes!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:49 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CRAY

And yes Beckiwoo F5 generally refreshes the page.
Thanks for clearing that up
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
they also get a two year visa and their quota is meant to be 10,000 this year (source: moving2canada) so I ask myself the same question considering the UK obviously couldn't be bothered to negotiate a higher quota/increase age etc - I have noticed with France, Australia and New Zealand their agreements with Canada are better then ours - sucks to be British!
New Zealand visa definetely not better. Only get one year, once. ever! It's suprising how fast that year goes and how important you realise that opportunity is once it's over.

Lucky I am a British Citizen and I get to go again
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting how you didn't mention my answer about the number of visas 5,350 and 5,500 between the 2 countries!

I'll drop it now seeing as you don't wish to discuss it but I'm getting a bit taken aback by the unfriendliness of people on here sometimes!
150 isn't worth quibbling about IMO, I didn't think it was a serious comment!

And given how many times people on here (myself included) have helped you out, I'm astonished that you think BE is 'unfriendly' tbh.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Chris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of lightChris2222 is a glorious beacon of light

I just learned you can only make payment through online banking ? I don't have this ? Can I go in to the bank and make a payment into there account from Nationwide ? Will they print me out proof of the payment then I scan it and upload it to my kompass account ? I don't fully understand the payment part and how it works :s
And thanks to all those who answer the questions , must be the same panic every year lol
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:52 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Katec19
New Zealand visa definetely not better. Only get one year, once. ever! It's suprising how fast that year goes and how important you realise that opportunity is once it's over.

Lucky I am a British Citizen and I get to go again
My bad sorry I thought I read somewhere the age was 18-35 so that why I thought it was better
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:54 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Chris2222
I just learned you can only make payment through online banking ? I don't have this ? Can I go in to the bank and make a payment into there account from Nationwide ? Will they print me out proof of the payment then I scan it and upload it to my kompass account ? I don't fully understand the payment part and how it works :s
And thanks to all those who answer the questions , must be the same panic every year lol
Yeah you should be able to do that. I'm with Nationwide as well!

Just tell them what you need in confirmation!
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Chris2222
Can you not sign up to internet banking now maybe? You'll no doubt need it when you go to Canada anyway, so it would probably be worth doing and also make applying much easier.

HTH.
Old Dec 9th 2013, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

DrCitrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Right so we have 3 months to chill and get a police check after the iec application??
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:00 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
150 isn't worth quibbling about IMO, I didn't think it was a serious comment!

And given how many times people on here (myself included) have helped you out, I'm astonished that you think BE is 'unfriendly' tbh.
Apologies i have found the website useful but I have struggled with it.

It is useful for information but it's difficult to keep up. Yes you have helped me out as well as many others but it's stressful not understanding all of this

I'll find out on Thursday what I am letting myself in for and whether I can go through this again hope it's worth it
Old Dec 9th 2013, 10:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Apologies i have found the website useful but I have struggled with it.

It is useful for information but it's difficult to keep up. Yes you have helped me out as well as many others but it's stressful not understanding all of this

I'll find out on Thursday what I am letting myself in for and whether I can go through this again hope it's worth it
If there's something you're not understanding, then shout - contrary to what you think, the Canada forum is one of the friendliest and most helpful on BE! Somebody is always willing to try and help. If you want to see scary, then visit the US or Middle East forums.

But chill, take a deep breath, and read the IEC website a few times so that hopefully all becomes clear. The instructions are good and remember there's no trick questions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.