IEC 2013

Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_1589 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But that is where we can disagree it IS your intention to work on arriving in Canada once you get a work permit. If at the time of entry you are not in possession of the required documents in this case a valid LOI/POE and you have not declared your dual intent ie visit/work then you COULD be refused entry.
If it wasn't your intention to work on the IEC then chances are you would not be visiting. There is dual intent and this is what CBSA would look at.
There again you dont have to believe me but everyday across Canada Allowed to Leaves are issued because of this.
So if I go and am honest (which I am planning in doing) and explain my situation, that I am waiting for my POE which hasn't yet arrived but am expecting it any time now, and wish to enter as a visitor and NOT work until I have a work permit....this could all blow up in my face and could be refused entry?

Sorry I probably sound stupid as hell but I want to get this crystal clear before I put myself in a stupid position!

Last edited by Cat_1589; Apr 18th 2013 at 6:09 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

WaitingRob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I have been lurking on this forum for a long time and its been invaluable, like super helpful and comforting, but OH MY GOD Im at my wits end!!

The whole wait for the applications to open was insane, been waiting since October.
Figured it would open earlier so ended up coming to canada as a visitor at the end of January to be with my girlfriend.
Missed the first round of applications because of it was bloody valentines day and my mums birthday. Stayed up all night waiting for applications to open on the 25th, which happened to be my birthday. Finally after hours of the whole application debacle. Got it submitted.

Got the MyCIC application submitted on the 6th of March and I have been waiting patiently since then. Slowly eating away at my savings living over here.
Ive been phoning up and emailing to try and get any information about the status of my application to no avail.

Yesterday, after looking on here about people going to border control and being issued their work permits without their LOI's, i figured I would go for it. It didnt go very well...

Im back as a visitor.
Does anyone have any other advice they can give me?
Stressin so hard right now!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

JackHarriet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OntarioIsForLovers
What round were you in and when did u submit to CIC if u dont mind me asking?
Round one, submitted 17th March.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

So, I've heard a lot of people talking about insurance...

I'm booking my flight for May 29th, anyone know who's the cheapest for 1 year insurance?

EDIT

Cheapest I've found: http://puu.sh/2CvZu/f199867456.png

"If you have to come home early" counts as repatriation, right?

Last edited by acrylicus; Apr 18th 2013 at 6:56 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Quaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really niceQuaks is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cat_1589
So if I go and am honest (which I am planning in doing) and explain my situation, that I am waiting for my POE which hasn't yet arrived but am expecting it any time now, and wish to enter as a visitor and NOT work until I have a work permit....this could all blow up in my face and could be refused entry?

Sorry I probably sound stupid as hell but I want to get this crystal clear before I put myself in a stupid position!
The trick is to be honest and don't lie, but never go into too much detail.

You are heading to Canada as a visitor to see the country. They don't need to know that you are also waiting for your work permit to get issued, they won't even ask you so why tell them. Because as soon as you do you just set of a red flag telling them chances are you won't be leaving after your visitor visa expires or you plan to work illegally.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But that is where we can disagree it IS your intention to work on arriving in Canada once you get a work permit. If at the time of entry you are not in possession of the required documents in this case a valid LOI/POE and you have not declared your dual intent ie visit/work then you COULD be refused entry.
If it wasn't your intention to work on the IEC then chances are you would not be visiting. There is dual intent and this is what CBSA would look at.
There again you dont have to believe me but everyday across Canada Allowed to Leaves are issued because of this.
None of this matters anymore because I've just this second received my POE!!!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

alesha86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alesha86
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
So, I've heard a lot of people talking about insurance...

I'm booking my flight for May 29th, anyone know who's the cheapest for 1 year insurance?

EDIT

Cheapest I've found: http://puu.sh/2CvZu/f199867456.png

"If you have to come home early" counts as repatriation, right?
No, repatriation includes flying you back if you suffer a medical emergency that requires you to be returned to the UK. $250 wouldn't cover the cost of a normal flight let alone medivac.

As has been said many times before, make sure that your policy covers you for 1) medical emergencies and repatriation and 2) for working.

Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

lanajane is an unknown quantity at this point

Aw! Congratulations!!! When did you submit (just so the rest of use might have some hope!)?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lanajane
Aw! Congratulations!!! When did you submit (just so the rest of use might have some hope!)?
5th March and sent a email to the London office who have responded to me with 1 week saying I was approved 20th March but seen as I haven't received my POE they will send another to MyCIC account....which they have done!

They might be rude in the phone but I can't complain with their email response times!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
No, repatriation includes flying you back if you suffer a medical emergency that requires you to be returned to the UK. $250 wouldn't cover the cost of a normal flight let alone medivac.

As has been said many times before, make sure that your policy covers you for 1) medical emergencies and repatriation and 2) for working.

Ah I see - well, any suggestions on who to go with?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Ah I see - well, any suggestions on who to go with?
I've seen quite a few people have gone with holidaysafe.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

JUST GOT SENT MY LOI!

I emailed the London office ([email protected]) a few days ago to ask about my application's status, as it was then overdue, and I just got this reply tonight:

"Hello, Your application has been approved on March 26th. Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.
A new LOI was sent out today and should be available in your MyCIC account. Regards."

They event sent it to me!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dandaman1
JUST GOT SENT MY LOI!

I emailed the London office ([email protected]) a few days ago to ask about my application's status, as it was then overdue, and I just got this reply tonight:

"Hello, Your application has been approved on March 26th. Due to technical issues, your original letter of introduction was not sent out.
A new LOI was sent out today and should be available in your MyCIC account. Regards."

They event sent it to me!
Exactly the same as me!! What an amazing feeling!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.