IEC 2013

Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

UK citizens have not been getting 2 year work permits at my POE. Now if certain CBSA officers have been giving them I would like to see the piece of legislation or change in the regulations that allows them to do this.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly90
Mr Kenney announced last week that IEC visas granted to UK citizens will also last for two years from 2013
Yep, but the article is a year old, and that didn't happen for the 2013 program as predicted in that article. Some UKC's have got 2 yr passports from CBSA officers who clearly don't know that the UK & Ireland are two separate countries, but only by mistake.

Who knows, it may happen for 2014 onwards, but it's certainly not the case now and you should only be given a year.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for the reply i know that the article is about the Irish program but he mentions this in the article,

Mr Kenney announced last week that IEC visas granted to UK citizens will also last for two years from 2013

I know its a year old but some UK citizens have been getting 2 year visa's hence why I'm confused.
My tip would be to activate it at a quieter land border, me and plenty of other from the UK have got two years this way even thought we should have only got 1 year.

Last edited by Oaken; Nov 20th 2013 at 5:10 pm. Reason: Quote messed up.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:52 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

After reading the article, would be nice to see UK and Canada agree on upping the age to 35 next year and double the amount of visas (10,000 Canadians visas for Irish citizens compared to 5,500 for UK!!!) - wish I was Irish now!
Old Nov 21st 2013, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Olly90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
My tip would be to activate it at a quieter land border, me and plenty of other from the UK have got two years this way even thought we should have only got 1 year.
Hello I was planning on flying to Toronto, should i fly to a US state close to a Canadian border, say Buffalo then get a bus to the border ?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hello I was planning on flying to Toronto, should i fly to a US state close to a Canadian border, say Buffalo then get a bus to the border ?
Better read the ESTA rules
Who is eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program?
You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you:

Intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit
Have a valid passport lawfully issued to you by a Visa Waiver Program country
Have authorization to travel via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization
Arrive via a Visa Waiver Program signatory carrier
Have a return or onward ticket
Travel may not terminate in contiguous territory or adjacent islands unless the traveler is a resident of one of those areas

So basically you cannot fly into the USA and then catch a bus into Canada.
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHel...elp_1.htm#vwp4
Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Better read the ESTA rules
Who is eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program?
You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you:

Intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit
Have a valid passport lawfully issued to you by a Visa Waiver Program country
Have authorization to travel via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization
Arrive via a Visa Waiver Program signatory carrier
Have a return or onward ticket
Travel may not terminate in contiguous territory or adjacent islands unless the traveler is a resident of one of those areas

So basically you cannot fly into the USA and then catch a bus into Canada.
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/WebHel...elp_1.htm#vwp4
Thanks for the help sir, I will just fly to Toronto airport then and activate my POE there, is there anything else I need apart from bank statement no more than a week old ?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody else noticed this handy application info image now added to the IEC website? Completely clears up the 3 month confusion that some people had!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...licants_EN.jpg
Old Nov 21st 2013, 3:38 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

I still see no information for the 2014-2015 visas (which is fine).

Just wondering if anyone knows if we can use the same IEC Kompass account or if a new one will need to be created?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help sir, I will just fly to Toronto airport then and activate my POE there, is there anything else I need apart from bank statement no more than a week old ?
Yes, insurance to cover you for 12 months for medical and repatriation. Make sure that you are able to work without invalidating your insurance - a gap year/long stay insurance usually covers working but a normal 'travel' insurance won't.

Old Nov 21st 2013, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
I still see no information for the 2014-2015 visas (which is fine).

Just wondering if anyone knows if we can use the same IEC Kompass account or if a new one will need to be created?
im thinking we are going to have to create a new one, i hope we can use last years as it could help us get in earlier. Let me know if you hear anything buddy
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 10:24 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Anybody else noticed this handy application info image now added to the IEC website? Completely clears up the 3 month confusion that some people had!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...licants_EN.jpg
where was that on IEC website - I couldn't find it when I looked without using your link...?

** Update I have found it - it also took me to the resume template page so changing my CV to suit their criteria as we speak

Last edited by beckiwoo; Nov 22nd 2013 at 10:53 am. Reason: update as found the page
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 10:28 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Divvym1
im thinking we are going to have to create a new one, i hope we can use last years as it could help us get in earlier. Let me know if you hear anything buddy
As great as that sounds as a 2nd year applicant applying - it would be unfair wouldn't it on the poor people applying for their 1st visa .

They don't split the visas between 1st and second years do they? (like 2,500 for those applying for 1st year and 2,500 for those applying for 2nd)?
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
As great as that sounds as a 2nd year applicant applying - it would be unfair wouldn't it on the poor people applying for their 1st visa .

They don't split the visas between 1st and second years do they? (like 2,500 for those applying for 1st year and 2,500 for those applying for 2nd)?
You are right it would be totally unfair but I am just not ready to return to UK and feel I deserve my IEC on a silver platter

No they don't split it no reserves for anyone just plain and simple first come first served.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hello I was wondering if I could do skill based training in Canada on the IEC visa so it would help me in the future to go down the Canadian Experience Class or Provincial Nominee Program route as I know that I would need a skill as labouring work isn't going to allow me to go down the routes suggested above ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.