IEC 2013

Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

OK so I have just got back from work having dealt with 3 x IEC applicants this evening. 2 of the applicants had their LOIs and I can confirm that the work permits were in the system and the U508 document number was on the LOI.
The LOI and work permits were processed by CPC Vegreville.
The other was not in possession of their LOI letter but the work permit was in the system.
All 3 were German IEC applicants and all were in possession of proof of funds and medical insurance as per the IEC requirements.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

travel2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kidhash
Anyone who applied on the 3rd round and got waitlisted heard anything yet?
Hi Kidash

I am on the reserves list from round 3 and I am still waiting, I sent a message through my Kompass account earlier in the week and have had no reply yet.
Called BUNAC and there answer was be patient....

I was planning on going to Canada in late May, but I am unsure on when I will receive payment instructions and how quickly the process will take.
I am happy to put a hold on my trip, but it's that not knowing that is the hardest part.

I will let you know when I here something
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

lisarbaum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes you can activate the 2nd IEC before the 1st one expires bearing in mind the validity is 12 months from the date of issue of the work permit.
Hi Former Lancastian,

Could you confirm, the 12 months is from the date of issue of the work permit (rather than the visa). So, for example, if I pop down to the border 21st April to get the visa, and then wait until 2nd May to go to Service Canada to get the work permit, then my permit is valid until 1st May 2014? (assuming, that is, that I have understood all of the necessary steps?)

Thank you
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Erug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me with a question. Im very jealous of people starting out now with a IEC. I have already used mine

I have dual citizenship, I have used up my two IEC visa's on my Irish passport and do not qualify for PR yet, choice of jobs etc... I haven't lived in England since I was 7. But now the 18 month rule has changed I may have a chance!

So does ANYONE know if I can participate again on my British passport, or because I have participated twice, regardless of citizenship, I am fully out of luck?
Old Apr 20th 2013, 9:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisarbaum
Hi Former Lancastian,

Could you confirm, the 12 months is from the date of issue of the work permit (rather than the visa). So, for example, if I pop down to the border 21st April to get the visa, and then wait until 2nd May to go to Service Canada to get the work permit, then my permit is valid until 1st May 2014? (assuming, that is, that I have understood all of the necessary steps?)

Thank you
You are issued the work permit at the border, not by Service Canada.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

carolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud ofcarolcanada has much to be proud of

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can answer, but basically i forgot to photocopy my stamped pages of my passport. was wondering if anyone else was as silly as me, and if they have had a request from cic for more info???
i was from the 3rd round, submitted on april 13th, no reply yet. i keep checking my account about 3/4 times a day to see if theyve authorised it as i know some people's have been authorised and no email sent to them.

Any help is appreciated
Old Apr 21st 2013, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Erug
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me with a question. Im very jealous of people starting out now with a IEC. I have already used mine

I have dual citizenship, I have used up my two IEC visa's on my Irish passport and do not qualify for PR yet, choice of jobs etc... I haven't lived in England since I was 7. But now the 18 month rule has changed I may have a chance!

So does ANYONE know if I can participate again on my British passport, or because I have participated twice, regardless of citizenship, I am fully out of luck?
I don't know but if you go on the New Zealand / Australia IEC FAQ pages, I think there's a similar question regarding dual nationals of those two countries, and I think the answer given is "yes, you can use both IEC schemes", though of course I'm not sure if this would apply to a dual UK/Irish Republic national, especially given that there's no restriction on how many IECs Australian citizens can have in their life (I think this is right) so it would naturally follow that a New Zealand national who's used their maximum number of IECs would be allow to continue participating under the Australian scheme by virtue of their Australian citizenship. Whereas of course there is a limit on the number of participations for both UK and Irish nationals so it may or may not be different in your case. Ultimately, you'll have to ask them. Try to ask the right person, find someone who knows so that you don't get fobbed off by an inexperienced person who tells you "no" just because that's their personal view.

Last edited by BritishExpatriate; Apr 21st 2013 at 12:48 am.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Erug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
I don't know but if you go on the New Zealand / Australia IEC FAQ pages, I think there's a similar question regarding dual nationals of those two countries, and I think the answer given is "yes, you can use both IEC schemes", though of course I'm not sure if this would apply to a dual UK/Irish Republic national, especially given that there's no restriction on how many IECs Australian citizens can have in their life (I think this is right) so it would naturally follow that a New Zealand national who's used their maximum number of IECs would be allow to continue participating under the Australian scheme by virtue of their Australian citizenship. Whereas of course there is a limit on the number of participations for both UK and Irish nationals so it may or may not be different in your case. Ultimately, you'll have to ask them. Try to ask the right person, find someone who knows so that you don't get fobbed off by an inexperienced person who tells you "no" just because that's their personal view.
Thanks for the response. Il check out those pages. Your also right its probably best to go right to them and ask. It would be the best news I could possibly get. I need 4 months more experience to get pr.

...some advice to any new arrivals. Even if you think you will not want to stay(I didnt), know about permanent residency and make your 12 months work experience count in the correct NOC code.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

hitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant futurehitozutsu has a brilliant future

I submitted my CIC on the 14th of March 2013. (2nd round).
I also requested that I needed a medical.
I havent heard from them since.
I emailed the 'question@cic' etc with my information, hopefully they will get back to me! Anybody else round 2 and submitted same time? :/
Old Apr 21st 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_1589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, can anyone advise me on the best place to get my insurance from? I know of holidaysafe but don't know of anymore. And is there anything in particular I need to make sure I'm covered for?

Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

James1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Listen to this!!! My visitors visa was due to run out in a weeks time as I'm already in Canada so I was starting to panic about not receiving my LOI, I applied on the 26th of February! So yesterday I went from Victoria BC to Port Angeles so I could come back and try to renew my visitors visa, and it worked! they gave me another 6 months so I was over the moon And then I woke up today and checked my emails to find my bloody LOI had been sent to me this morning hahaha! Back to Port Angeles I go!

To those who are still waiting you need to email
[email protected]
just give them your name, D.O.B and your application number and in a few days you will get your LOI

Happy days!!!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

dsmwright is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miffy83
I am 3rd round. Submitted March 15th. Was approved April 1st but didnt receive a message in mycic.

Email this one... [email protected]

I emailed Thursday and they emailed my LOI on Monday.
postmaster doesn't like that address.....
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:15 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cat_1589
Hello, can anyone advise me on the best place to get my insurance from? I know of holidaysafe but don't know of anymore. And is there anything in particular I need to make sure I'm covered for?

Thanks
1) Medical cover
2) Repatriation in the event of a medical emergency
3) Allowed to work
4) Valid for a minimum of 12 months

Look for gap year or backpackers insurance.

Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:45 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

For everyone panicking about their LOI's... just be patient... I submitted on 6th march and im still waiting.... the guide is 6 - 8 weeks....
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

James1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snuggs
For everyone panicking about their LOI's... just be patient... I submitted on 6th march and im still waiting.... the guide is 6 - 8 weeks....
Email [email protected] and you'll probably get it in a few days. They say because of technical difficulties the LOI wasn't sent out, so if you email them it might remind them to send it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.