I just got PNP

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default I just got PNP, now what?!

im soo happy, I just received an email notifying me I have been successful for Provincial Nomination (BC).

Thank you to all the people that have commented on here and assisted me so far. I wouldnt have had a clue without this forum.

Ok so once i receive my big pack of information, can anyone explain what happens at the next stage in order to get a TWP. I am already in canada working on a BUNAC visa which expires Oct. Rather than wait for the TWP to be processed I would prefer not to have a gap in my work, is it safe enough for me to flagpole at peace arch? (can this be done at van airport?)
What do I need to take with me for the TWP, am I correct in saying its LMO exempt and I dont need proof of funds as I already have employement?
Is it advantageous or required to get a TWP before sending the PR application form to CIC?
Finally, partner is also on a BUNAC visa expires Oct and has employement, will she be able to get a TWP on the back of mine?

TIA.
Scott

Last edited by ScottDrummer; Sep 3rd 2008 at 9:22 pm. Reason: Title Change
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:43 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just got PNP

hi

Congratulations on getting your nomination through
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all

bump for the questions.

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Congratulations! Out of interest, how long did it take? I applied for mine on 21 June and I'm still waiting......

Re the questions you asked, the PNP nomination more or less serves as the LMO so no, you don't need one, and you shouldn't need proof of funds either as you have a job.
I would certainly get your TWP before you apply for PR, as PR can take up to 10 months to process (according to CIC) and if you don't have a permit, you can't work. As far as I know, your partner should be able to get a spousal open work permit on the back of your TWP. Not sure about the answers to your other questions, but hope this helps! Good luck.

Edit - have just spotted your timeline in your signature
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

atandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I just got PNP, now what?!

Originally Posted by ScottDrummer

im soo happy, I just received an email notifying me I have been successful for Provincial Nomination (BC).

Thank you to all the people that have commented on here and assisted me so far. I wouldnt have had a clue without this forum.

Ok so once i receive my big pack of information, can anyone explain what happens at the next stage in order to get a TWP. I am already in canada working on a BUNAC visa which expires Oct. Rather than wait for the TWP to be processed I would prefer not to have a gap in my work, is it safe enough for me to flagpole at peace arch? (can this be done at van airport?)
What do I need to take with me for the TWP, am I correct in saying its LMO exempt and I dont need proof of funds as I already have employement?
Is it advantageous or required to get a TWP before sending the PR application form to CIC?
Finally, partner is also on a BUNAC visa expires Oct and has employement, will she be able to get a TWP on the back of mine?

TIA.
Scott
congrats!
So BC PNP took roughly 4 months, not bad
So I guess now you would have to apply for an extention or a new work permit before your BUNAC one expires in October, wonder how long that will take.
well congrats and lets us know how you get on.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

It took 14 weeks to the day.

Im hoping to go to the border to get the twp as I dont think I would get it via post in time before my bunac visa expires.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:26 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

we got our twp at point of entry with our pnp certificate no problem at all. our application for PR was in London at that point.

we had copies of all our paperwork with us, proof of funds, etc as we had just sent it all off to london. but can't remember them looking at anything other than the PNP certificate and employment contract.

sorry can't be of more help.

Congratulations anyway!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ok great thanks.
Did they ask you for anything else? Or anything regarding the contract?
Scott

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
we got our twp at point of entry with our pnp certificate no problem at all. our application for PR was in London at that point.

we had copies of all our paperwork with us, proof of funds, etc as we had just sent it all off to london. but can't remember them looking at anything other than the PNP certificate and employment contract.

sorry can't be of more help.

Congratulations anyway!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:08 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

really don't remember them asking to look at anything else document wise, but that doesn't mean that you won't need it. try getting in touch with your pnp department in province to double check what you need, the one over here in newfoundland is always very helpful.

as for the contract, they just really asked a little bit about the company and the work that my husband would be doing, nothing specific about the contract or offer.