I am eligible to sponsor parents?

Old Jun 20th 2001, 6:51 am
Fred

Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen working in BC. I have been working as a co-op student for the
past year and made enough money to sponsor my parents.

Will my status as a student affect the financial evaluation performed by immigration?

Thanks, Fred

Old Jun 21st 2001, 9:52 pm
Jim Humphries

Did you make enough to meet the low income cutoff for yourself and your parents. That
would have been a very well paid co-op job. If you did then you meet the requirements
although the immigration office would have to be satisfied that you were able to
continue receiving sufficient income in the future. Jim Humphries

Fred wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 5:29 am
Fred

Thanks Jim for your answer,

Yes, I made enough money to meet the low income cutoff for me and my parents. I have
one semester left before graduation. I plan to apply to sponsor my parents soon (as I
meet the financial requirements for past 12 months). I will take last semester at
University during the period of processing my parent's immigration application.
Before my parents get the PRs I would have graduated and would be working again.

Would I need to prove to immigration that I would have a job after graduation? I can
get a letter from my employer that he would offer me a job after I graduate. How
important is for me to get such a letter? In the sponsorship application I can't find
any reference to future income level. It only specifies the 12 months prior to
filling the sponsorship application.

Fred

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hello,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am a Canadian citizen working in BC. I have been working as a co-op student for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the past year and made enough money to sponsor my parents.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Will my status as a student affect the financial evaluation performed by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > immigration?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks, Fred[/usenetquote2]