Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A huge time lost & dont know what to do

A huge time lost & dont know what to do

Old Jun 7th 2004, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

hopeless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A huge time lost & dont know what to do

I ve been through lots of messages posted on this site, but apparently noone has a story as complicated as mine. I and my husband got married in Toronto on December 24,2003 and until then we are trying to come together. Currently, I'm living Turkey and he is Turkish Canadian and living in Canada.

Since the the day I returned to my homeland, I ve been struggling with huge paper works. With having done medical checked in January, I thougt only little work is left to do but I was mistaken ' cause since then I've trying to get a security clearance from UK. What makes huge delay in our case is that my living in London over a year. According to the law, anyone who has lived abroad for a period of at least 6 months should get a security clearance from each country where a candidate has lived. As soon as I got back to Istanbul, I applied to New Scotland Yard Data Protection Unit for my data subject access. Although getting the clearance should take only 40 days, I have been waiting since January 28,2004(appr. 130 days) and so far I've received nothing but the receipt for my payment and the acknowledgement letter telling me to wait 40 days for processing. After waiting for about 70 days, I sent a follow-up letter on April 13, 2004, no response to that either. Given another 30 days period for a respond which has still not come, I sent an e-mail to Information Commission and finally received a reply to my e-mail a month after in June with stating that another office will be dealing with my case. God knows how long that would take.

At this point I'm really frustrated 'cause without that paper we can't apply for my immigration. In Toronto, my husband is also trying to find a way out for us, so far no good though. All they say over there is without that paper you can not start the process. We have already being aparted 6 months, and we have no clue how long this will be like this.

Does anyone out there have any idea what we should do but waiting?? And which steps awaiting for us after receiving that security clearance FYI apart from that all paperworks are already done.

Thanks a million.