HSE

Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all
Default HSE

After some advice please. would holding a Nebosh health and safety qualification come under the NOC code ? it states oil and gas supervisors, so would this qualify...

Thanks,
Craig.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSE

Oil and Gas supervisors would refer to the extraction side of the business, not distribution.

HSE is a very incestuous business over here, everyone knows everyone else and its hard to break into from outside Im afraid.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

thanks for the reply, we have friends in this industry in NS, so hopefully that will be ok, I'm a highly qualified scaffolder and inspector, also holding the Nebosh certificate, just looking for a way to apply for PR and get on the waiting list..
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clay
thanks for the reply, we have friends in this industry in NS, so hopefully that will be ok, I'm a highly qualified scaffolder and inspector, also holding the Nebosh certificate, just looking for a way to apply for PR and get on the waiting list..
I'm confused about what you are asking. Are you asking about whether the Nebosh will count for points? If it was a year or more full-time course, then yes, it will.

The certificate won't make any difference as to your eligibility under NOC code 8222 though - as you know, to qualify under one of the 29 FSW occupations you have to do the duties listed, and the lead statement must apply to you.

So, as a scaffolder, does the following lead statement of NOC code 8222 really apply to you?

Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in drilling for oil or gas, operating service rigs, or providing oil and gas well services. They are employed by drilling and well service contractors and by petroleum producing companies.

Seems very unlikely to me that a scaffolder would fit this description, plus do the duties listed, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what a scaffolder does!

If by any chance you do do the duties listed, then make sure you have at least 67 points, and you can see if you qualify as a Skilled Worker.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 15th 2010 at 5:21 pm.