How should I land?

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 1:41 am
Robert Huang

Hi, everyone: I am an internation student in Canada. My application for P.R has been
approved and I got the landing paper today. It says I can't get the P.R status within
Canada. Since I am living in Canada, where should I go for landing? My guess is I
should take a trip to US then go back to land. However I am quite busy and my US visa
has expired. I don't want to take that plan. Is there any shortcut? Your help is
deeply appreciated.

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 2:01 am
Andrew Miller

Yes, there is a shortcut, but it requires a drive to the border crossing, leaving
Canada and making u-turn without entering US.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

lukedulaq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing - U turns

All you need do is go to the border and turn around to come back.

But make sure that you go to a fairly big border post because in the small ones they do not have immigration officials.

I wanted to land in Dundee Quebec a tiny border crossing. THis was on my most direct route after a weekend trip to the Adirondike mountains.

I had to turn around and go further down the road to Cornwall ONtario.

Thus I had entered USA. The immigration guy found it odd that i had been driving around the border, and said straight up that i need not have bothered and that I could have just as easily left done a u turn and reentered canada.

Of course you will need all the relevant documentation ready.

Good luck. If you live in Toronto, go for a day trip to Niagara on the Lake and do your uturning above the Niagara falls.

Luke