Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How much time before IT manager goes off the list ?

How much time before IT manager goes off the list ?

Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:03 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default How much time before IT manager goes off the list ?

Hi, I am new to this section of BE.

The questions I have may have been already answered but I am unable to find them, so please accept my apologies if I sound like an Idiot!

1 >. Has anyone from Pakistan has their 2 year B-Com degree accepted as 14 years of education?

2 >. How much time do I have before the skill - Computer Systems Manager (0213) goes off the list?. I am waiting for my Passport.

I have the following IELTS score R=7 L=7.5 W=7 S=8 and according the CiC website, it gives me 16 points for Language. My own estimation of points comes out to be 67-74.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:37 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much time before IT manager goes off the list ?

huh?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:41 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
huh?
Can you be more specific please ?
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:54 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

No, I can't.

I don't have a crystal ball.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:59 pm
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
No, I can't.

I don't have a crystal ball.
Kiwilass,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the definite date has not been issued yet. What is reassusing is the fact that it is still there!.

I am new to this section so please dont mind if I sound totally stooopid!

Thanks and cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:09 pm

I think this was mentioned on another thread, but you should try and get your application in as quickly as possible.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:38 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Rumours abound about which occupations will be taken off the list of eligible occupations for the skilled worker class however IT managers is not one of the ones I have heard will be removed. But you never know. The orignal timeline for releasing the new occupations list was the beginning of May but as we know that didn't happen; so it could be that CIC have gone "back to the drawing board" so to speak.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:07 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
Rumours abound about which occupations will be taken off the list of eligible occupations for the skilled worker class however IT managers is not one of the ones I have heard will be removed. But you never know. The orignal timeline for releasing the new occupations list was the beginning of May but as we know that didn't happen; so it could be that CIC have gone "back to the drawing board" so to speak.
Thank you Sir.

It will take me about a month to get my paperwork sorted out. Lets hope IT Manager stays on list for that long.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foha2012
It will take me about a month to get my paperwork sorted out.
Why so long? You only need to send a copy of your passport's bio page, your fees and application forms - nothing else is required at the initial stage.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:35 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Why so long? You only need to send a copy of your passport's bio page, your fees and application forms - nothing else is required at the initial stage.
Christmas,

Passport is the biggest problem!. In Pakistan, there is a problem with that. You see, the govt. has recently introduced machine readable passports. The machine that makes those broke some time ago. However it is now fixed and they are making passports but the backlog that was created during the time the machine was inoperational has greatly increased the time to get a passport made!

The earliest I can get the passports for me and my family is by 1st week of July.

Thanks for info, you see I am new here. Can you guide me to a section of this forum where all that is listed ?

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foha2012
Christmas,

Passport is the biggest problem!. In Pakistan, there is a problem with that. You see, the govt. has recently introduced machine readable passports. The machine that makes those broke some time ago. However it is now fixed and they are making passports but the backlog that was created during the time the machine was inoperational has greatly increased the time to get a passport made!

The earliest I can get the passports for me and my family is by 1st week of July.

Thanks for info, you see I am new here. Can you guide me to a section of this forum where all that is listed ?

Cheers,

TAA
Ah, I see! So you don't have a valid passport at all, even a non machine readable one?

As for the info, just go to the CIC website and you can download the application forms and guide there which will tell you all you need to know about applying.

Good luck.