How much for Notarizing?

Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:45 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Question How much for Notarizing?

Hi,

We live in the UK and will be looking to get our paperwork notarized in the next couple of weeks? How much should we expect to pay? Do they charge by the hour or the number of sheets they have to sign?

Also I want to check that they are doing it properly. Could someone tell me what wording they need to use?

Many Thanks
Helen
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: How much for Notarizing?

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Hi,

We live in the UK and will be looking to get our paperwork notarized in the next couple of weeks? How much should we expect to pay? Do they charge by the hour or the number of sheets they have to sign?

Also I want to check that they are doing it properly. Could someone tell me what wording they need to use?

Many Thanks
Helen
Blimey loads of Q's...We had some paperwork notorised by a solicitor in Basingstoke, and he charged us £80.00 for a whole bunch of signatures, then again the other week we were charged £40 for witnessing each signature, by another solicitor. Depends on their type of mood i guess.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:01 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Blimey loads of Q's...We had some paperwork notorised by a solicitor in Basingstoke, and he charged us £80.00 for a whole bunch of signatures, then again the other week we were charged £40 for witnessing each signature, by another solicitor. Depends on their type of mood i guess.
That's why I wanted to check, I want to know what to expect when I start ringing around.

Cheers for the reply.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I wanted to check, I want to know what to expect when I start ringing around.

Cheers for the reply.
My local Notary is charging me £160 per hour and is reckoning 2-3 hours work. He is notarising 153 pages. He called the Notary society to find out what to do who informed him that the Canadians are getting really picky about notarising and require every page notarising. a lot of people on this forum didn't have them notarised and are progressing quite nicely through the process but I wouldn't be able to sleep for 21 months if I didn't get mine done. Quite a lot of difference between what people are paying too. I phoned 4 notary publics in my area and they all said the same that they would charge by the hour and it wouldn't be cheap. I pick up my documents today so hopefully they are OK, then I can send the application Monday, then the looooooong wait.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future

Hi,

Many Thanks
Helen
Hi there

We had our papers certified by my local Natwest bank where i have my accounts and it cost me nothing . I felt sorry for the member of staff having to sign each piece of paper as there were sooooooooo many.

Sher
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:35 pm
Lyles

:scared: :scared: OMG!!!! :scared:

This is the fourth thread I've read about people having their paperwork notarised! I'm REALLY paniking now!!!

What are you guys notarising? I don't recall reading anything about having any documents notarised if you apply yourself. I've applied twice now and read the guidelines several times. First time we applied, we were rejected as we were caught up during the time when they increased the passmark and were then 2 points, or so, short.

Please, please, please someone explain to me what papers require notarisation and where does it state that these papers require notarisation? My AOR is Feb 25th 2004, so we're hoping to hear something soonish.

I've had my German Birth Certificate and Mexican marriage certificate translated and notarised, but that's it.

Please help. Going doolalee here!

Thanks,

Leila

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:36 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
My local Notary is charging me £160 per hour and is reckoning 2-3 hours work. He is notarising 153 pages.
How CAN they justify charges like that?!!!! It's an absolute disgrace!

It really takes advantage of vulnerable people's doubts and worries. I do SO wish that the CHC/CIC would sort out all these grey areas and make it quite clear exactly what is required.

I have a feeling that getting documents notarised in North America is not at all the same as getting them done here. They should SAY if it's ok to have your bank clerk, local librarian, family doctor or uncle Tom Cobbley certify documents.

They should DO AWAY with any discrepancies between the London.org site and the CIC site, or scrap the London one altogether. Why have the two sites anyway? If you have internet access you can access the CIC one, and all the info and forms you require should be there.

I'm sorry, but this subject really does annoy me!!!!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lyles
:scared: :scared: OMG!!!! :scared:

This is the fourth thread I've read about people having their paperwork notarised! I'm REALLY paniking now!!!

What are you guys notarising? I don't recall reading anything about having any documents notarised if you apply yourself. I've applied twice now and read the guidelines several times. First time we applied, we were rejected as we were caught up during the time when they increased the passmark and were then 2 points, or so, short.

Please, please, please someone explain to me what papers require notarisation and where does it state that these papers require notarisation? My AOR is Feb 25th 2004, so we're hoping to hear something soonish.

I've had my German Birth Certificate and Mexican marriage certificate translated and notarised, but that's it.

Please help. Going doolalee here!

Thanks,

Leila
Hi Leila,
I don't think there is anything to have notorised in the immigration pack that you fill in, However peoples circumstances vary, for instance I have lived in different countries and have had to have certain documents notorised before that country's department would release information. Also going through the process of buying a house and setting up a mortgage require documents notorised. But the run of the mill application does not require anything i think i'm right in saying.
Regards
frankieforehead
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:54 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
How CAN they justify charges like that?!!!! It's an absolute disgrace!

It really takes advantage of vulnerable people's doubts and worries. I do SO wish that the CHC/CIC would sort out all these grey areas and make it quite clear exactly what is required.

I have a feeling that getting documents notarised in North America is not at all the same as getting them done here. They should SAY if it's ok to have your bank clerk, local librarian, family doctor or uncle Tom Cobbley certify documents.

They should DO AWAY with any discrepancies between the London.org site and the CIC site, or scrap the London one altogether. Why have the two sites anyway? If you have internet access you can access the CIC one, and all the info and forms you require should be there.

I'm sorry, but this subject really does annoy me!!!!
I so agree with you Morwenna. If you use the visa specific instructions on the cic website it states to send notarised copies of everything. If you go to the chc london site it says only notarised employment contracts. We are going down the belt and braces route and doing it all. I know people have sent, and been approved, without notarising documents but you can dare bet that if I send un-notarised copies I will get the visa officer from hell who will want them notarising. The ambiguity of all the paperwork has piXXed me off while I have been compiling our application. For instance what you write on the back of the photos differs between the CIC and the CHC site. Oh well, I should run a competition on how much you can get on the back of a passport piccy!!
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:12 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I so agree with you Morwenna. If you use the visa specific instructions on the cic website it states to send notarised copies of everything. If you go to the chc london site it says only notarised employment contracts. We are going down the belt and braces route and doing it all. I know people have sent, and been approved, without notarising documents but you can dare bet that if I send un-notarised copies I will get the visa officer from hell who will want them notarising. The ambiguity of all the paperwork has piXXed me off while I have been compiling our application. For instance what you write on the back of the photos differs between the CIC and the CHC site. Oh well, I should run a competition on how much you can get on the back of a passport piccy!!
I have the latest London checklist dated 2004.
It quite clearly states that all documents must be notarised, except police forms, letters of reference from all employers and university transcripts which all must be original documents.
I do not know how people get away with just photocopying their docs and sending them in. It is in black and white on the London checklist.
I am using a lawyer and he states exactly the same as the London checklist
Please see my recent question to him regarding notarising of docs.

Eddie asks
I am somewhat confused as to what documentation needs to be notarized
or certified, what is the difference between the two for immigration purposes
I fully understand that police certificates and reference letters from past
and present employer must be original.

Can you please clarify what needs to be original and what needs to be
notarized. I guess you guys know what is best.

Lawyer replies
With the exception of police certificates, letters of reference, and
transcripts, the documents you supply must be certified copies of the
original documents. This means that you must bring the original documents
and copies of the original documents to a notary public and have him/her
certify the copies as true copies of the original documents. The notary
public should stamp each copy with their notary seal and a provide a
statement on each copy saying that they certify the copy as a true copy of
the original document.

Hope this helps guys

Eddie
Old Mar 12th 2005, 3:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970
I have the latest London checklist dated 2004.
It quite clearly states that all documents must be notarised, except police forms, letters of reference from all employers and university transcripts which all must be original documents.
I do not know how people get away with just photocopying their docs and sending them in. It is in black and white on the London checklist.
I am using a lawyer and he states exactly the same as the London checklist
In answer to your post, see this link:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

It is the "other" site we talk about. It is also dated 2004!!! It clearly does NOT state that docments need to be notarised. It is also in black and white btw!!!

It does state somewhere that for up-to-date info one should refer to the CIC site, but this is exactly my point! Why HAVE the 2 sites, or at least why allow there to be discrepancies between them?

They surely cannot penalise people who following these instructions, send in plain photocopies of documents, exactly as requested.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 3:45 pm
little snowy owl

Incidentally, and just for your information, I did use a notary public to get about 50 documents noarised as they were requested by my professional accreditation body in Canada, and this was before I even sent off my immigration application.

The notary advised that it would run well into 3 figures to get each notarised separately, so on his advice, I let him do them all under one seal at a cost of £50. This was accepted without question by the accredition board and my application was subsequently approved.

So basically, I would question whether documents need to be notarised separately also ?? (and yes, I realise the lawyers say they do, but I still have my doubts).
Old Mar 12th 2005, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

If you want something notarized in Canada, you have to go to a lawyer in general. The one time I had to do that it cost me $35 for one item.

In the US, just about anyone can be a notary and most offices have a secretary who is certified and can notarize things. My bank in the US would notarize stuff for free if you had an account there or I could use the secretary at work if I wanted.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:48 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

In answer to your post, see this link:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

It is the "other" site we talk about. It is also dated 2004!!! It clearly does NOT state that docments need to be notarised. It is also in black and white btw!!!

It does state somewhere that for up-to-date info one should refer to the CIC site, but this is exactly my point! Why HAVE the 2 sites, or at least why allow there to be discrepancies between them?

They surely cannot penalise people who following these instructions, send in plain photocopies of documents, exactly as requested.
Morwenna I fully agree with the link to this site
This was the checklist I was originally using until I was corrected by the lawyer I am using
I am not sending in a CV, no wage slips or bank statements showing salary deposits.
The only bank statements I am sending is to prove minimum settlement funds

So yes there are two conflicting checklists, but to be cautious should you not use the one that is linked to the CIC web site.

Anyone else like to share their views as Morwenna and I both agree that there is conflicting information from both these sites.
I am going by what I was sent by my lawyer, who I trust knows the system and what is required by London Immigration dept

Perhaps Mr Miller or Mr Humphries could expand or clarify

Eddie
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:52 am
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by Voyager970

Perhaps Mr Miller or Mr Humphries could expand or clarify

Eddie
No I don't think we need trouble them. We have already heard their views on the subject.

What I do wonder though, is if anyone here has ever had their documents refused because they are NOT notarised?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.