How Long Will My Passports Take

Old Feb 10th 2010, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default How Long Will My Passports Take

Hi, hope someone has good news for me. We got PPR on th 25th Jan but had to renew the kids passports within the 60 day period we have been given. The passports were received in Washington DC on th 2nd Feb, according to their web the turn around is 4 weeks. However Washington is at a standstill. How long did it take other folks to get their passports back??
Our 60 days to claim PR ends on the 26th March and states no extension under any cicumstances
Do you think it would be worth contacting CIC, cos at the end of the day the snow in Washington is a freak occurance
Please help me calm my nerves
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future
Default Re: How Long Will My Passports Take

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
Hi, hope someone has good news for me. We got PPR on th 25th Jan but had to renew the kids passports within the 60 day period we have been given. The passports were received in Washington DC on th 2nd Feb, according to their web the turn around is 4 weeks. However Washington is at a standstill. How long did it take other folks to get their passports back??
Our 60 days to claim PR ends on the 26th March and states no extension under any cicumstances
Do you think it would be worth contacting CIC, cos at the end of the day the snow in Washington is a freak occurance
Please help me calm my nerves
Can't answer your question I'm afraid but a bottle of wine and watching Take That Circus DVD would certainly calm your nerves!!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

The passports were received in Washington DC on th 2nd Feb, according to their web the turn around is 4 weeks.
I just replaced two lost/stolen passports through Washington. They received it on a Tuesday and sent the finished passports out 8 days later on the Wednesday.

"4 weeks" is a very conservative estimate.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

mariaGB is an unknown quantity at this point

we renewed the kids ones in November and they took 12 days from them receiving them to us getting them back... i agree 4 weeks is very conservative.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Thanks for the replies. I phoned London today as the Washington office has been closed since the weekend. After explaining my dilema the woman in London told me that they could only contact Washington if we were travelling in the next few days. It took some convincing that loosing my job, house, the kids educatuion and the right to stay in Canada might be a little more important than a weekend away
After talking to her supervisor they decided that they could contact Washington, so here's hoping. She did inform me that they hadn't started to process it yet as they hadn't taken any money from me No shit Sherlock, I have been watching the bank every minute
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

I phoned London today as the Washington office has been closed since the weekend. After explaining my dilema the woman in London told me that they could only contact Washington if we were travelling in the next few days.
I am curious... Which part of the government did you contact in London? FCO? IPS?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:35 am
Just Joined

dinasater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bewillow
I am curious... Which part of the government did you contact in London? FCO? IPS?
Good Luck in your move. We're following hopefully
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bewillow
Not quite sure which department i contacted but the number is on the passport page for applying from Canada. Bloody rip off though as they charge you a connection fee PLUS 69p per minute + vat. Thought they were there to help expats!!!! even Dick Turpin work a mask,
Old Feb 17th 2010, 11:14 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Not quite sure which department i contacted but the number is on the passport page for applying from Canada. Bloody rip off though as they charge you a connection fee PLUS 69p per minute + vat. Thought they were there to help expats!!!! even Dick Turpin work a mask,
I sent off to Washington to renew my passport nearly 3 weeks ago and i haven't heard anything yet either. They haven't taken any money off my credit card so i'm guessing they haven't even processed it yet. I need mine back for April as we have to renew our work visa's! I saw on their website that processing times was 10 working days... that's a joke!! I know they've received it as i have proof from UPS so i don't know what's going on.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatcat65
I know they've received it as i have proof from UPS so i don't know what's going on.
Yeah but it is what they do with it once UPS has delivered I say this as CHC lost a draft and took a bit of convincing that UPS had delivered it before they took a look for it
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

We have still not heard anything, despite the reassurance that we would get an e-mail within 72hrs of the extortionate phone call to London last Wednesday. They even gave me a file number, well thats obviously not worth the paper its written on.
In the mean time I have contacted our MP who is going to contact the British Embassy in Ottawa. Its a farce that I wasted god knows how much money and nothing has been done. The passport office has not even begun to process the application as my credit card has not been hit yet. I dread to count the actual days we have left to claim PR but everything has to be in LA by the 25th march.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

I don't know if this is any help for you guys but during the last weeks all Washington offices have been closed (on and off) due to the heavy snowstorms. They just can't handle snow as well as Canadians

So even if there is a backlogg from the last 4 weeks they will surely process applications quicker now that the snow situation is stable...
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:22 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011
I don't know if this is any help for you guys but during the last weeks all Washington offices have been closed (on and off) due to the heavy snowstorms. They just can't handle snow as well as Canadians

So even if there is a backlogg from the last 4 weeks they will surely process applications quicker now that the snow situation is stable...
well after 4 weeks of waiting they have finally took the money off my credit card to process my passport application....although it does say that it could take another 4 weeks to process it!! Remind me again which country we're in...Spain or Canada...both seem pretty much on the same wave length...work shy!!! Any body else had any joy yet?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi fatcat, they took my money on monday and the nice ups guy came 4pm wednesday goodluck
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:48 pm
Onwards and upwards!

hi fatcat, they took my money on monday and the nice ups guy came 4pm wednesday goodluck
oh that doesn't sound good for me as i still haven't had my passport back yet!! Good luck with everything anyways.