Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long to wait for PPR after personal items returned?

Wikiposts

How long to wait for PPR after personal items returned?

Old Jan 5th 2011, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default How long to wait for PPR after personal items returned?

Hi all,

On Christmas Eve the London visa office returned the photos we had included with our common-law PR application, as well as 7 of my 8 passport photos, with a compliments slip. I was wondering if anyone who has previously gone through the process and had personal items returned could advise me how long it took for them to get their passport request from this point?

Thanks!
Suze
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to wait for PPR after personal items returned?

Can't help you but.......Wow! You got photos returned? How surprising, didn't think anything got returned.
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

I've read of a few people on here who had stuff sent back towards the end of the process but it was ages ago and I can't remember how long afterwards they got their PPR, it's frustrating! I got copies made of photos I have saved on my laptop, guess they would have looked like they were original photos so they probably just thought I might like them back I suppose! I was surprised too.....with a nice little note saying 'with the compliments of the Canadian High Commission'!

Congrats on your PPR!!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt get my stuff returned even though I did ask for it to be
Old Jan 5th 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

It's so hit and miss - you can never predict what they are going to do. I'd rather they have sent me the PPR than sent my photos back though Maybe they will still send yours back? Guess it varies from immigration officer to immigration officer. Perhaps send them an email with another request? Starting to stress that I might have missed an email now.....I swear this process sends you crazy!!!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi Suze,
We had some papers returned to us when we received our AOR that was in January.We had our request for passport on the 14th of December.
Loetitia
Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

When we recieved our med requests in October, the envolope also included our birth and marriage certs, which was great news!

Just waiting on PPR now..