Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Amend particular after the issuance of visa/COPR

Amend particular after the issuance of visa/COPR

Old Jan 5th 2011, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough
Default Amend particular after the issuance of visa/COPR

Can we still amend name during the landing process?

This is not very crucial, but would be glad if I still can make the amendment.

I have two 'surnames' in my name, the one in front is from mom, and the other at the back is from my father (I know it is weird, but it's happened in my case). I have been using the surname from my mother until 2006 (after my pr application) but then decided to start to use my dad surname as my surname as this is culturally more correct.

Initially my name appeared as (for example): OBAMA Ronald REAGAN.
I want to change it to: REAGAN Ronald OBAMA

I did not make the changes during the PR application as i didnt want to complicate the background/police check etc. As I said before this is not a very important, but wonder if it doable during the landing process?

Thanks.
ddk
Old Jan 5th 2011, 11:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amend particular after the issuance of visa/COPR

Hi

Originally Posted by didik
Can we still amend name during the landing process?

This is not very crucial, but would be glad if I still can make the amendment.

I have two 'surnames' in my name, the one in front is from mom, and the other at the back is from my father (I know it is weird, but it's happened in my case). I have been using the surname from my mother until 2006 (after my pr application) but then decided to start to use my dad surname as my surname as this is culturally more correct.

Initially my name appeared as (for example): OBAMA Ronald REAGAN.
I want to change it to: REAGAN Ronald OBAMA

I did not make the changes during the PR application as i didnt want to complicate the background/police check etc. As I said before this is not a very important, but wonder if it doable during the landing process?

Thanks.
ddk
Nope, your COPR and your PR card will be issued in the name on your passport.