Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long until final decision after medicals?

Wikiposts

How long until final decision after medicals?

Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Arrow How long until final decision after medicals?

Hi,

We have just been asked for original copies of police certificates, final residency fees and medical request. Money and police certificates not an issue and will line up medical asap.

Some questions though if anyone can help?

What I would like to know is how long after sending all information and having medicals will we get the final request for passports and decision?
Is there a wait normally to get a medical done?
and finally what does the medical entail?

Thanks

Julie
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long until final decision after medicals?

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
Hi,

We have just been asked for original copies of police certificates, final residency fees and medical request. Money and police certificates not an issue and will line up medical asap.

Some questions though if anyone can help?

What I would like to know is how long after sending all information and having medicals will we get the final request for passports and decision?
Is there a wait normally to get a medical done?
and finally what does the medical entail?

Thanks

Julie
Congrats on getting medical call...well after medical normally it take 2-4 months to get passport request..if you are lucky you may get in month time..

Medical (X ray/Blood test/Urine test ) take no more then a day and report can be sent to CHC by DMP.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Medicals can be done in an hours.. 2 hrs max.. it took me and i hear after 2-3 weeks if u dont hear anything from your doctor then you good..... i think u have got 2-4 months to go.....

good luck n keep yr fingers xxxxxxxxx ours is xxxx for u too
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all

Thanks. To be honest this is what I am worried about most. All points system stuff we kind of knew was going to be OK but worried they will find some otherwise unknown medical issue and end the dream after so much and so long. Paranoid now so close ;-(
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

Thanks. To be honest this is what I am worried about most. All points system stuff we kind of knew was going to be OK but worried they will find some otherwise unknown medical issue and end the dream after so much and so long. Paranoid now so close ;-(
If you're all in good health otherwise... why worry? Easy to say, of course... but I know of people with pre-existing medical conditions (including those who've had major surgery) who've still made it through.

As far as the wait is concerned, I rang the practice in Knightsbridge, London, and was told I could probably make an appointment within a week (though there is just me, so you'd probably have to wait longer for a family appointment; best thing to do is to ring and enquire, which costs nothing).

Good luck

PS Just as an afterthought - I've been asked for my medical and final fee, but not a mention about police checks. Does anyone know why that might be? Will I be asked later?

Last edited by MartianTom; Sep 7th 2009 at 6:47 am.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartianTom
If you're all in good health otherwise... why worry? Easy to say, of course... but I know of people with pre-existing medical conditions (including those who've had major surgery) who've still made it through.

As far as the wait is concerned, I rang the practice in Knightsbridge, London, and was told I could probably make an appointment within a week (though there is just me, so you'd probably have to wait longer for a family appointment; best thing to do is to ring and enquire, which costs nothing).

Good luck

PS Just as an afterthought - I've been asked for my medical and final fee, but not a mention about police checks. Does anyone know why that might be? Will I be asked later?

Requesting for medical and landing fee is normal and if they haven't ask for PCC, they may not need. I suggest the place where you last stayed for more then six month, get copy of PCC in advance...just in case...to save time..
Old Sep 7th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

If CHC find/have any query on medical will revert max in month time, if they don't you are through, they need more time after medical to do security check...more country you stay more time....

Trackitt indicate average 2-4 months for PR request for old cases and 1-2 month for new case. All the best
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone will keep you posted on results and timescales!
:f ingerscrossed: