Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long for letter from London CIC?

How long for letter from London CIC?

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Fitzyafcb will become famous soon enough
Default How long for letter from London CIC?

I finally received an email from london after 7+ months of waiting. They said that they have sent me a letter to my address on file on the 17th of this month.

How long does it usually take for them to send letters? Obviously it's been a week now and still no letter. I know Royal Mail has it's issues but they usually work quicker than this.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for letter from London CIC?

My bet is that the letter was requested to be prepared and sent on that date; but would take a few days at least to get that done and the letter into the post.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh that was what I was thinking aswell. Oh well i'm sure it will be here soon enough.

I will post on here when It arrives. Maybe it will be good to make people aware of waiting times etc

I can wait another 6 months so long as it's the news I want to hear.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Not sure if you are in Canada or UK but if you are in Canada, two weeks is pretty typical for mail based on my recent experience

good luck
Old Nov 25th 2011, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in the UK at the moment
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fitzyafcb
I'm in the UK at the moment
ah well - the post is usually a little quicker
Old Nov 25th 2011, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

UK2USA2CA is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How long for letter from London CIC?

Originally Posted by Fitzyafcb
I finally received an email from london after 7+ months of waiting. They said that they have sent me a letter to my address on file on the 17th of this month.

How long does it usually take for them to send letters? Obviously it's been a week now and still no letter. I know Royal Mail has it's issues but they usually work quicker than this.
After hastening them, CIC said they were mailing me a letter to pass to my DMP. That was on Monday and the letter arrived today (Friday). Weird thing is that the letter is dated 1st November. I have a feeling that I would still not be in receipt of the letter had I not hastened the matter. If you've not received anything by Monday, try sending an email.

Good luck.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

ok thankyou. I think I will do just that