how long to get a visa for canada

Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice
Default how long to get a visa for canada

Firstly let me apologise if this seems a naff thread but I'd got to write something as a title, anyway I'm wondering if anyone out there would take the time to explain to me roughly how long the visa process takes and also the actual process! My postition is that I worked in the US for 16 months but have since been made jobless and had to return to the UK but me and the family are intend on emmigrating so we are now looking at Canada, but my job isn't in demand in Canada so we would be looking at applying through my wife who is a Phlebotomist and also a qualified HCA, we have done the quick questionaires and it seems that we would be acceptable for a visa but we just don't know what the process is like in Canada hence the long winded thread!! Many Thanks in advance for anyones help! Billy
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:27 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long to get a visa for canada

Without arranged employment - several years, if succeeding at all.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long to get a visa for canada

Originally Posted by rickbashley
Firstly let me apologise if this seems a naff thread but I'd got to write something as a title, anyway I'm wondering if anyone out there would take the time to explain to me roughly how long the visa process takes and also the actual process! My postition is that I worked in the US for 16 months but have since been made jobless and had to return to the UK but me and the family are intend on emmigrating so we are now looking at Canada, but my job isn't in demand in Canada so we would be looking at applying through my wife who is a Phlebotomist and also a qualified HCA, we have done the quick questionaires and it seems that we would be acceptable for a visa but we just don't know what the process is like in Canada hence the long winded thread!! Many Thanks in advance for anyones help! Billy
Have you looked at the Wiki (top of page)? I'm guessing not so do have a good look at it as it explains all of the options. Your best bet is to make yourself a cuppa and just sit and read for an hour or two! After that you'll soon be up to speed. You'll also soon understand that you will need to find a job to stand any chance of getting there before 2013, so do make sure you read the section on job hunting too as the hiring culture is very different over there.

Here's a good page to get you started:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Best of luck.