Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO STAY IN THE PROVINCE THAT NOMINATED YOU?

HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO STAY IN THE PROVINCE THAT NOMINATED YOU?

Old Dec 16th 2008, 1:29 am

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all
Default Re: HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO STAY IN THE PROVINCE THAT NOMINATED YOU?

I asked the "how long do i have to stay" attached to a number of "what if" questions during my meeting at the PNP office. And it was good to hear it from the horses mouth and was well worth the asking. I wont repeat the answers as they may be province and and our family specific.

Last edited by marclouis; Dec 16th 2008 at 1:30 am. Reason: error
Old Dec 16th 2008, 2:36 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lof

i hope you're able to enjoy the snow and the lovely weather, even if the mountain isn't open yet (seems that they are set to open this friday ).
Thanks lof. We would leave the Comox Valley kicking and screaming believe me - we love it here. As for the snow, about time too. OH has been so miserable seeing the season passes just sitting there waiting to be used. He's on short time at the moment so he'll be first up the mountain on Friday morning! You going?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 1:00 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gloveman
Thanks lof. We would leave the Comox Valley kicking and screaming believe me - we love it here. As for the snow, about time too. OH has been so miserable seeing the season passes just sitting there waiting to be used. He's on short time at the moment so he'll be first up the mountain on Friday morning! You going?
hey gloveman!

nope, no way being on the mountain tomorrow. besides not being that addicted i'm one of the fortunate persons these days who has so much work that i can't take a day off "just for fun".

wish you (?) and your oh a lovely day tomorrow. have fun.
get the warm gear out though, it will be freezing despite the sunshine.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by lof
hey gloveman!

nope, no way being on the mountain tomorrow. besides not being that addicted i'm one of the fortunate persons these days who has so much work that i can't take a day off "just for fun".

wish you (?) and your oh a lovely day tomorrow. have fun.
get the warm gear out though, it will be freezing despite the sunshine.
Thanks lof but OH has decided to go to work today instead - they only have the 'baby' runs open and it's not worth getting his skis wet for them apparently!!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

Hi, I am not sure how true this is - but I was told that they can revoke your PR if they feel you have used the PNP system as a stepping stone.

When we got our PNP's there was a guy (at the PNP offices) that we had to email informing him when we arrived in the country and when hubby started employment. So whether or not this person keeps a close eye on the situation...............who knows.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tracie107
Hi, I am not sure how true this is - but I was told that they can revoke your PR if they feel you have used the PNP system as a stepping stone.
I'm sure this is correct Tracie - what they give they can take back. In our case we certainly have moved here with the intention of staying but if my husband does lose his job we may be forced to move and I don't know where we stand in that instance.