Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long do you have after receiving a TWP before you have to land in Canada?

How long do you have after receiving a TWP before you have to land in Canada?

Old Dec 8th 2007, 4:35 pm
gmb
Forum Regular

gmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to all
Default How long do you have after receiving a TWP before you have to land in Canada?

We are about to put in an application for a temporary work permit (my husband has just received a positive LMO). However, he has to work 3 months notice, and he doesn't want to resign until he knows that the work permit has been approved. Does anyone know how long you have, after receiving a TWP, before you have to land in Canada?

Thanks,
gmb
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie Wallnuts has a spectacular aura aboutPaulie Wallnuts has a spectacular aura aboutPaulie Wallnuts has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How long do you have after receiving a TWP before you have to land in Canada?

Hi gmb. My temporary work permit was valid for six months, but there is nothing on the paperwork to indicate this. I only found this out when i arrived in canada after delays on selling the house and was told i only had two more days left on my work permit. Any loter and permit would have expired.
Hope this helps.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:00 pm
gmb
Forum Regular

gmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to allgmb is a name known to all
Default Re: How long do you have after receiving a TWP before you have to land in Canada?

Thanks, Paulie.

Anyone else have experience of this? Have other people also had six months in which to arrive?
Old Dec 8th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmb
Thanks, Paulie.

Anyone else have experience of this? Have other people also had six months in which to arrive?
Can't help you, but I'd be interest in finding out, we've not sold the house yet and I applied for my WP in Nov.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 6:30 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Can't help you, but I'd be interest in finding out, we've not sold the house yet and I applied for my WP in Nov.
I'd be very interested ,have WP approval letter issued in Oct and have been delayed as unable to sell house at present so hope I have a while or I'll be going by myself
Terese