How long to authorize TWP at POE.

Old Apr 23rd 2018, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long to authorize TWP at POE.

Hi just a quick question, I realise this will vary. But can anyone advise on roughly how long it took to get TWP authorized at POE. Myself, husband and 2 children (and the dog) will be landing in June. My husband is coming over on an intra-company transfer so we will have all relevant paper work with us, and will get my OTWP and the children's visitors visas at the same time. I'm thinking it will be 2 hours max but my husband is thinking it will be more like 3-4. Any info would be great thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to authorize TWP at POE.

It is likely to be depend upon the airport and the time of landing. Doing it at 3:00 a.m. at a small airport is likely to be far quicker than at Pearson just after a 747 full of immigrants from Asia arrives.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond reputeTamasin1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took just over an hour to do, flew into Vancouver about 21:30 had all my paperwork in a binder(important stuff first) cava look ed through the first few pages asked me how many years work permit I wanted 2 or 3 got told to sit down hour or so later 1 closed work permit for me open work permit for my husband and study permit for my daughter. We had a bc on nomination, such an anti-social I was asking such stupid questions on here think everybody couldn't wait till we got to canada, good luck xx
Old Apr 24th 2018, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was a 3 hour wait. I was fed up and exhausted but once we got seen to it was quick.
We arrived in Calgary at around 9pm from London. We arrived at around the same time as another flight as well- so by the time we got through to immigration there was a lot of people ahead of us.
We eventually got seen to at around midnight- but the immigration guy was great- knew we were exhausted and made it as painless as possible. I had all the documents in a file and just handed it over. That part actually only took around 15/20mins- that was for my husband’s work permit to be issues and my open work permit. Hope it’s a shorter wait for you!
Old Apr 24th 2018, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Lichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond reputeLichisadave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all thanks for the replies. The flight we are planning on booking lands at Pearson at 11.15am on a Friday. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 12:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Hi all thanks for the replies. The flight we are planning on booking lands at Pearson at 11.15am on a Friday. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Use this flight arrivals widget from Pearson on a Friday (any Friday) - you can change the time (so suggest 'after 10am) - then look how many flights, on average, come into the terminal you will be using (click on the Term heading twice to sort it). I would say that's likely to be a busy time of day! https://www.torontopearson.com/en/fl...les/advanced/#

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 24th 2018 at 1:00 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Took me about an hour all in from queuing up to see the primary officer, being referred to secondary, collecting bags, presenting application at secondary, given work permit and paying cashier. This was at YVR which seems to have a funny situation in that all international flights seems to arrive within a few hours of each other (there were 4 fully laden flights going through when I arrived).

It can be highly dependent on the time of day and the number and type of cases being seen in secondary i.e. if you are behind someone claiming asylum and there are only 3 officers in secondary you could have a very long wait.

My suggestion, bring a book. Even once the officer is dealing with your case you will spend most the time sitting waiting for them to finish processing.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to add that since you are going through Person you can also obtain your SIN numbers at the airport. Well worth spending the extra time doing this so you don't then have to go and wait again at a services Canada office.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

and the children's visitors visas
Just so you ask for the right thing (and sometimes you do need to specifically ask for them) they are called visitor records.