how long for AOR

Old Nov 21st 2004, 6:48 pm
Banned

tshaalan1 will become famous soon enough
Default how long for AOR

how long does it take for Buffalo to send AOR after submission of application? and do people who have US education and work experience, who only lived in US and home country generally processed faster?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:10 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how long for AOR

Anywhere from few weeks to few months.

And no, US education and experience doesn't make any difference in processing time. It is how well application package is prepared and how conclusive is evidence submitted what makes the difference. Poorly prepared application leaving room for officer's doubts and questions will be processed months or even years longer than well prepared case.

Originally Posted by tshaalan1
how long does it take for Buffalo to send AOR after submission of application? and do people who have US education and work experience, who only lived in US and home country generally processed faster?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:50 pm
Banned

Thanks for your help. I submitted everything with the application package except for police certificates since these take time to obtain. I also submitted W-2s as proof of past employment and experience since I am unable to obtain reference letters. Are thos acceptable.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:38 pm

W-2's are not enough - such don't prove anything beyond the fact of receiving salary. You need to conclusively prove periods of employment, position, salaries and most importantly duties and tasks performed.

Thanks for your help. I submitted everything with the application package except for police certificates since these take time to obtain. I also submitted W-2s as proof of past employment and experience since I am unable to obtain reference letters. Are thos acceptable.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
W-2's are not enough - such don't prove anything beyond the fact of receiving salary. You need to conclusively prove periods of employment, position, salaries and most importantly duties and tasks performed.

well, if i was recieving a salary from an employer, then i was working there. Plus dont they do a background check? dont they contact the employers to verify employment?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:01 pm

The burden of proof is yours.

The kind of thinking you are showing here usually leads to long, unnecessary delays and often to refusal.

well, if i was recieving a salary from an employer, then i was working there. Plus dont they do a background check? dont they contact the employers to verify employment?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
The burden of proof is yours.

The kind of thinking you are showing here usually leads to long, unnecessary delays and often to refusal.

Ok, so they dont contact employers to verify periods of employment? If this is the case then what stops someone from faking reference letters?

And I am sorry if i was misunderstood, I would like to make myself a bit clearer. What happens if one is not able to obtain reference letters?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:04 pm
Banned

Ok, so they dont contact employers to verify periods of employment? If this is the case then what stops someone from faking reference letters?

And I am sorry if i was misunderstood, I would like to make myself a bit clearer. What happens if one is not able to obtain reference letters?

Also, what is the purpose of a background check done by CIC if they ont verify the information submetted along with PR application?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tshaalan

Also, what is the purpose of a background check done by CIC if they ont verify the information submetted along with PR application?
They don't verify every employer, but if something appears amiss or there are doubts about the claimed employment, i.e. salary is doesn't appear appropriate for the position, or position for the education, then they are going to check. You don't send what is requested, 9/10 you get your application back.

PMM
Old Nov 21st 2004, 9:36 pm
Banned

Thanks for your reply. Now, can some of the documents be submitted later on or do they have to be sent along with initial application? is there some leway here?
Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:11 pm

They contact employers and schools to verify authenticity of documents. But you are the one who must submit required documents in acceptable form in the first place.

If you can't obtain reference letter from employer for valid reason (other than inconvenience) then you must provide substitute evidence - at least payroll record (W-2's) and reference letters from direct supervisor and/or co-workers with their contact info.

Old Nov 21st 2004, 10:21 pm
Banned

I dont know if this would come as a shock to you or not. But, I heard of a person who obtained PR status with fake everything and i mean everything. The only authentic documents they submitted was their passport and police clearances. Now, I dont know how this came to pass, but it did and the person is now in Canada.

This is why it would be nice if CIC verified every single bit of information submitted by applicants in order to prevent fraudulent applicants.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 11:36 pm

No, it is not a shock, it is not even a news. Every system has cracks and every year some get lucky cheating Canadian immigration system, but majority of cheaters are caught sooner or later. Even if not caught at the application stage many are caught later and deported, even years after already obtaining citizenship - every year few hundreds of cheaters are having their PR status or Canadian citizenship revoked and are deported.

I dont know if this would come as a shock to you or not. But, I heard of a person who obtained PR status with fake everything and i mean everything. The only authentic documents they submitted was their passport and police clearances. Now, I dont know how this came to pass, but it did and the person is now in Canada.

This is why it would be nice if CIC verified every single bit of information submitted by applicants in order to prevent fraudulent applicants.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:10 am
Nav
Just Joined

Nav is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey
When did u mail your application to the buffalo office. I am also waiting for AOR. Can you please let me know when buffalo office recieved your application.

nav
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 3:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Nav
Hey
When did u mail your application to the buffalo office. I am also waiting for AOR. Can you please let me know when buffalo office recieved your application.

nav

i didnt send it yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.