Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How to find Apartmets in Calgary ??

How to find Apartmets in Calgary ??

Old Jun 17th 2001, 10:59 pm
Ann

I just joined this group yesterday, but already impressed by how promptly you can get
help from group members. Here are more help wanted.

I am planing to drive to Calgary, AB next month from Seattle. I am trying to find an
apartment before I arrive there? Is there any internet site containing apartment
rental information in Calgary? Thank you in advance.

Old Jun 21st 2001, 12:39 pm
James Metcalfe

Apartments in Calgary are scarce because of the oil boom. Check out Calgary Real
Estate agents on the net. Expect problems!!!!!

Jim Metcalfe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 21st 2001, 11:17 pm
Ryan

You can try apartments.ca i just checked and they have alot of apartments listed.
kind of expensive though

-------
www.canadafreehost.com Free Webpages For Canadians

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 22nd 2001, 7:33 am
Denna

Try http://www.classifiedextra.ca/jsp/ne...paperCategId=3 5

It's the classified ads of the Calgary Sun newspaper

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I just joined this group yesterday, but already impressed by how promptly you can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > get help from group members. Here are more help wanted.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I am planing to drive to Calgary, AB next month from Seattle. I am trying to find[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > an apartment before I arrive there? Is there any internet site containing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > apartment rental information in Calgary? Thank you in advance.[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 24th 2001, 10:17 pm
Don

Hi I arrived in Calgary from the UK on a work permit to work in the oil industry. I
have been looking for appartments (and still am) so I can tell you first hand. Short
term accomodation is scarce at the moment mainly because of the Calgary Stampede
coming up. I found a 1 bedroomed appartment for 2 weeks, but I need to be out by the
end of the month. It still seems to be reasonably easy to find longer term (6 month
lease) in the city for between $600 to $800 per month unfurnished. Furniture can be
rented for about $300 per month. I am not sure of websites, but you can pick up the
Home renters guide in lenty of the local shops in town. Some of the short term places
have websites check out www. bonaventurepark.com or cffr.calgaryplus.ca

Hope that helps

Don

[email protected] (Ann)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >