How early's too early?

Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Clazza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How early's too early?

Hi, just wondering if anyone can advise....we're heading out on BUNAC Jan 09 and hoping we'll be able to progress through to PNP over the course of the year. I'm trying to get organised and sort out any paperwork we can in advance, working on the hope that we will eventually get to the point of making a PR app - is it too soon to be getting previous contracts and certificates notarised? I realise some things (stat dec of common law relationship, recent letters from employers etc) would have to be done much nearer the time, but I can't find anything on how recent other notarised documents (such as qualifications, previous contracts) and uni transcript have to be? Cheers for any suggestions and apologies if I've missed anything on this which is already on the forum (I've spent the afternoon looking at everything 'notary' on BEX and CICS and can't find this sort of question).
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:13 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How early's too early?

if you speak of pnp it is always wise to mention which province you are heading to. the procedures / possibilities can vary greatly from province to province (to the extend that ontario hasn't a "proper" pnp-scheme at the moment).

i'd say you should start the pnp-process as soon as you fulfill the requirements for the according stream.
as an example: here in bc you first need to find an employer who is willing to go through the pnp-process with you - if you go the semiskilled stream you need to work for the sponsoring employer for nine months before you're eligible to apply for bcpnp (a requirement which isn't in effect for skilled occupations under noc 0, a or b).

as for documents: afaik the only time sensitive ones would be the police checks. you want to compare timelines for obtaining police certificates from the different countries you need one and the average time required to get nominated. (you will have a certain amount of time from date of nomination - usually 6 months - to submit your pr-application to cic though. so can wait with getting the more straightforward police checks until you got nominated.)
the age of the others shouldn't be a problem - or at least they weren't in my case (i applied spring 2007).