Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How do visa offices receive medical results?

How do visa offices receive medical results?

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:34 am
Just Joined

egypt007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow How do visa offices receive medical results?

The reason I'm asking because i have bring forward date on Oct. 8th, and i was requested to do re-medical, so i was hoping when they check my file on the 8th, and if the results are in, would they see the results automatically?? or is it sent my mail?

how dose it work?

Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:40 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do visa offices receive medical results?

The doctor who does the medical exam mails his/her report (or perhaps sends it by courier?) to Canadian immigration authorities. The results of your medical exam are not transmitted to immigration authorities electronically.
x
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:57 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

DMP sends results to proper Immigration Medical Services centre - there medical officers evaluate results and make the medical decision - then such decision is entered into the system electronically.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:30 am
Just Joined

So from your reply, it is possible when my visa office do open my file, see the results electronically inputed in there system.

Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:26 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to emphasize something that Andrew Miller pointed out. That is, the doctor who conducts the medical exam does not make the decision about the results of your medical exam. It is Citizenship and Immigration Canada's medical officers who make the decision.

Originally Posted by egypt007
So from your reply, it is possible when my visa office do open my file, see the results electronically inputed in there system.
It depends when your medical exam was done. What I was trying to indicate is that you have to allow a reasonable amount of time for the results of the medical exam to reach the immigration medical centre where the decision is made. That's because the results are sent in hard copy form.

However, once the decision has been made and has been entered into the system electronically, the visa officer who reviews your file will be able to see the medical decision.
x
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:31 am
Just Joined

thanks Judy for your clear reply.

I really appreciated.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:46 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending which medical service evaluates results of medicals and from their workload at such time the decision process may take anywhere from couple weeks to few months. Just to make things clear.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Its London.. i heard its fast.... its been two weeks since i did my medical so i'm hoping by the 8th of October my results are in...

thanks again