Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How did you get to/in the process of going to Nova Scotia?

How did you get to/in the process of going to Nova Scotia?

Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:24 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you get to/in the process of going to Nova Scotia?

Hi there

Would be grateful to hear your experience of applying to move to NS.

Has anybody used Community Identified Scheme? Or is it still generally SW?

We are short on points without a job offer to go the SW route although if we had enough it takes forever with no job offer so looking at the alternative methods.

Any info will be great!

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:00 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you get to/in the process of going to Nova Scotia?

Hi Nikki

yes I am going through NS-PNP-CI stream.
I've written lots of posts about it already.
Another poster, the legendarily helpful JudyInCalgary even wrote a "wiki" article about NS-PNP that lurks hereabouts on the site.

So there's lots for you to find out.
I suggest you do the following:

1. learn how to use the "search" functions
2. go here http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...ntified_Stream
3. and here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ity+identified

That little lot should get you started.
Sorry I can't give you a more personal response but I've got to shoot out for a couple of hours. Good luck. PM me if you want more.

wbx
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:10 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks for this info.

Off to emigrate show this weekend so hope to find lots more info there

Good Luck in your move!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:36 am
Banned

debsm is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with this, I'm off to the Emigrate Show at the weekend too, have you seen the exhibitors list on the web-site? It looks as though your questions will be answered. I'm hoping to make a final decision on Nova Scotia, we've been there a few times and loved it.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nikki

We're going through the Community Identified Programme at the moment. I've found everyone to be very helpful so far. We're very fortunate that we have lived in NS before so getting the references hasn't been a problem for us. I've got my interview in May when I fly over to visit old neighbours - so fingers crossed. For the CI programme I suggest getting as many references from people that you may already know in NS to support your application, and also make it very clear what you can contribute to the community.

Good luck with your efforts!

Liff