Wikiposts

How to delay my file

Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:41 am
Just Joined

mm1900nn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to delay my file

Dear All,

I have the following problem and I wonder if any body can help me.

I have applied for a permanent residence in Canada in October 2003. I tried several times to enquire about the status of my file but I got no reply. However, few days ago I got a letter from the embassy to say that they will look at my file on Oct 2005. The problem is that I don’t have enough marks (65) and I was hoping for an extra 5 marks from my brother who is getting his immigrant visa to Canada in the next month. However he is not planning to land till Dec 2005.

I am worried that they might just close my file if he does not have enough score.

Can we use my brother’s landing visa to ask the immigration officer to delay looking at my file tell he gets his PR card?

Moreover, would his PR card (once he lands) be enough for me to get the extra 5 marks? Or does he need to have lived in Canada for sometime before this can happen as he might not start living there for sometime.

Kind Regards,

MM
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: How to delay my file

I don't think you can do anything to delay the processing, but you can withdraw your application and re-apply

Originally Posted by mm1900nn
Dear All,

I have the following problem and I wonder if any body can help me.

I have applied for a permanent residence in Canada in October 2003. I tried several times to enquire about the status of my file but I got no reply. However, few days ago I got a letter from the embassy to say that they will look at my file on Oct 2005. The problem is that I don’t have enough marks (65) and I was hoping for an extra 5 marks from my brother who is getting his immigrant visa to Canada in the next month. However he is not planning to land till Dec 2005.

I am worried that they might just close my file if he does not have enough score.

Can we use my brother’s landing visa to ask the immigration officer to delay looking at my file tell he gets his PR card?

Moreover, would his PR card (once he lands) be enough for me to get the extra 5 marks? Or does he need to have lived in Canada for sometime before this can happen as he might not start living there for sometime.

Kind Regards,

MM