Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How can we bring our Son to Canada?

Wikiposts

How can we bring our Son to Canada?

Old Mar 9th 2016, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

michellechris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How can we bring our Son to Canada?

Thanks PB65, just trying to give a tiny glimmer of hope if I can :-)
Old Mar 9th 2016, 6:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michellechris28
Compassionate grounds covers a multitude of scenarios. I know one of them is family repatriation. We shall be in the same boat, our eldest cannot be part of our PR, he is working here on a 2 year WHV in a Graduate position, he has no other family in UK, only us who are here so we are hoping therefore that the Canada Government will be compassionate with our case. By the time he is eligible to apply for PR his 2 years will be up, yet if it doesn't happen C'est la vie :-)
Did you not apply for PR in 2012 or 2014 and include your son then, whilst he would still be classed as a dependent?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...oin-us-754973/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...family-823873/

Regardless, perhaps he could apply for EE or PNP if he has a skilled job? Is there a reason he has to wait?

I really would not rely on an H&R application as it's highly unlikely he would meet the criteria.

Old Mar 9th 2016, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Starting with IEC route at least is a start as if I read correctly applicant needs to be in Canada(although maybe circumstances for offshore as well) to apply for H&C grounds to not leave Canada for those reasons and even then might take a very long time to be processed beyond maybe the timeline of the IEC validity plus not really sure covers this circumstance. Have to get working on the IEC with a job in a NOC code that qualifies for Canada experience plus everything else to qualify for EE or get one of those rare opportunities a employer to sponsor. Good luck anyway

Last edited by PB65; Mar 9th 2016 at 7:06 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

A tiny glimmer of hope is fine, but it's really not realistic to say that an applicant from the UK could qualify under H&C grounds. It can be used when the rest of the family is in Canada, but think of circumstances like a child being left an orphan and her only family being in Canada, or somebody in a war torn country not having anybody else - it's really for pretty serious situations.

As the OP's son has been functioning perfectly well for numerous years on their own in the UK, and is safe there, they wouldn't get away with suddenly claiming H&C grounds unfortunately.

IEC would be the way I'd go - as a matter of urgency so they don't miss out!
Old Mar 10th 2016, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

spud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond reputespud1963 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for the replies and information, good to get advice from you. Our Son is single, never married and works in Admin. He is not in danger ect. I understand he is not an orphan but it feels that way sometimes. He is not a skilled worker. My concern with the suggested route is that i find it difficult to believe he will be able to stay after the two years, having said that my wife is looking into it as i type. Thanks again, any other ideas would be appreciated.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 1:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spud1963
My concern with the suggested route is that i find it difficult to believe he will be able to stay after the two years, having said that my wife is looking into it as i type.
We wouldn't suggest it if he couldn't. Just look at the forums to see how many people started out on IEC's and are now PR's in Canada.

Having that that, it will depend on his job and skills. You say he's not a skilled worker, so he will find it tricker. Maybe a study permit would be another route to look at then? So he could get a degree or similar, and then a post-grad work permit, as well as helping him become a skilled worker?

But I'll stress again if he wants to go down the IEC route, you don't have time to 'look in to it' tbh - he needs to get an application in as a matter of urgency. If he misses out on this year's quota, then he may not find another way over unless he can afford to study.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas's other suggestion is a good one although expensive. Apply to a suitable program of study and become an international student. If you select the right full time program at the right kind of institution for the right length of time, that can lead to a post grad WP and then the possibility of building up work experience to apply for PR. If your son lacks qualifications and you can afford to help him, I'd be looking at this as well.

You need to get on with IEC. As Christmas says there's no time to ponder over it: just get the profile made.

H&C is not realistic IMO for all the reasons already stated plus a host of others. You'd be better off trying to figure out a way with the other suggestions.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Mar 10th 2016 at 2:31 am.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Christmas: I didn't notice you'd already suggested SP (which I think is a good option). When I tried to change my post, I couldn't. A study permit for the right program/right institution/right length of time should also provide the ability to work 20 hours a week/full time during vacation.

S