how to bring my child to canada?

Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

angie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to bring my child to canada?

I am Canadian living in UK. I want to move back. My child is born in UK Separated from hubby, dont know where he is.

what do i do in terms of my sons citizenship? should i just move to canada and wait till April when he gets automatic citizenship with the new rules coming in? or do i have to apply for a passport for him now?

also, as a canadian living outside canada for 15 years, do i have to do anything special about going home? i dont have a canadian passport, as it expried years ago, but i presume this does not matter - i will always be canadian right? (born and bred in canada)

do i have to chase down my husband to get his ok for this? I have no idea where he is.

thanks
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:56 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to bring my child to canada?

Your son is Canadian too - just apply for his proof of citizenship and subsequently for Canadian passport. Renew your Canadian passport too. Get plane tickets. That's all...
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Your son is Canadian too - just apply for his proof of citizenship and subsequently for Canadian passport. Renew your Canadian passport too. Get plane tickets. That's all...
If you canadian, then haaaa easy apply for your child's canadain passport.

Good luck...
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

angie123 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you people. anyone have a link to the application for a passport by a canadian living outside canada?

and what "proof" of citizenship does my son need and where can i find it, you mean his british passport?

thank you
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:42 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie123
anyone have a link to the application for a passport by a canadian living outside canada?
Here is Passport Canada's web page for Canadians living abroad.

and what "proof" of citizenship does my son need and where can i find it
Here is Citizenship and Immigration Canada's web page called How to Obtain Proof of Canadian Citizenship

you mean his british passport?
I don't think anyone referred to a British passport. I think the previous posts were referring to Canadian passports (your Canadian passport and your son's Canadian passport).
x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:44 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angie123
thank you people. anyone have a link to the application for a passport by a canadian living outside canada?

and what "proof" of citizenship does my son need and where can i find it, you mean his british passport?

thank you
I would think your best bet for both of these would be to contact the Canadian High Commission in London