Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hi I'm Back - Passport Photos Question

Hi I'm Back - Passport Photos Question

Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:56 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Hi I'm Back - Passport Photos Question

Hi Guys

Just back from the Maldives and Dubai. I would recommend the Maldives to everyone it has the blue sea's and white beaches and is just like the photo's in mags etc.

Dubai is a must stopover place to see, cheap, clean and excellent customer service. (It does look like a huge building site but fast turning into a new Manhattan, New York landscape).

Now to business.

Visa request stage has anyone just sent in the just photo booth photo's out of the machine and they have been accepted?

Thanks.

K
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi I'm Back - Passport Photos Question

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Guys

Just back from the Maldives and Dubai. I would recommend the Maldives to everyone it has the blue sea's and white beaches and is just like the photo's in mags etc.

Dubai is a must stopover place to see, cheap, clean and excellent customer service. (It does look like a huge building site but fast turning into a new Manhattan, New York landscape).

Now to business.

Visa request stage has anyone just sent in the just photo booth photo's out of the machine and they have been accepted?

Thanks.

K

Yep, we did. They were fine, no probs.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:03 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snoopster
Yep, we did. They were fine, no probs.
Thank you snoops that is great as we have photos left over from meds.

Not long before you fly over!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:04 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

We used home-made photos throughout. It worked all the way to PR card time. The people who do the PR cards are photoperfectionists! Several attempts by Happy Snaps were not good enough, and in the end we went to an independent photo shop where they had a white background that was separately illuminated. This eliminated the shadows that had been the problem.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:24 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by agr
We used home-made photos throughout. It worked all the way to PR card time. The people who do the PR cards are photoperfectionists! Several attempts by Happy Snaps were not good enough, and in the end we went to an independent photo shop where they had a white background that was separately illuminated. This eliminated the shadows that had been the problem.
Agr

Thanks the comments....We shall use photo booth until the bitter end!!!only as I have some left over.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:58 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agr
hi arg

which independant did you use? i've tried several in kent and no one seems to do them anymore....i'm prepared to travel to surrey!.......i've also heard how anal it can be at pr time but the booth ones seem to be okay for everything else!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:09 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

One in Kingston - I think it is called Crystal Photo. But really, any place that does passport photos and has an illuminated white backdrop should be able to cope. The CIC specification sheet is pretty detailed.
Andy
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Guys

Thanks.

K
Yep we used them no problems at all.
All you need to do is ensure that the faces are within the parameters set out by the High commision, sorry I cannot remember the size but its in their guidance notes.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:14 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kiddy2ns
Yep we used them no problems at all.
All you need to do is ensure that the faces are within the parameters set out by the High commision, sorry I cannot remember the size but its in their guidance notes.
Thanks Guys

Photo booth here we go!!!!