Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help! Wrong date on LOI for International Experience Canada

Help! Wrong date on LOI for International Experience Canada

Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:16 am
Just Joined

IzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant futureIzzyR has a brilliant future
Default Help! Wrong date on LOI for International Experience Canada

Hi guys,

Although I've often used this site over the past few weeks whilst waiting hopefully for my LOI, I've been able to get loads of useful information without registering - thank you. Now I have an urgent question and I'm hoping someone can put my mind at ease.

This morning I finally received what I think is my LOI (although nowhere in the document does it actually call itself this!).

The problem is, the letter carries yesterday's date (14 September 2011), and although it states my application has been approved, it then quotes a validity date for the letter of '2011/09/15'. It tells me that I must enter Canada before this validity date - the same day I received the letter attached in an email!

I am certain that it should read '2012/09/15', since the LOI is supposed to be valid for 12 months for presentation at a Canadian port of entry. If I turned up in Canada with this LOI, I assume the immigration guys could very well turn me down for a WH visa saying the letter is no longer valid.

Typically, the email and attached LOI carry no instructions as to what to do if there is a problem/query with the LOI. It just has a link to the contact pages of the CIC to report if the letter wasn't attached to the email. I have filled in the email 'contact' form on the CIC site, marking the message as urgent. The automated response says they will try to reply within 28 days. I can't wait another 28 days for them to rectify their own mistake!!

So gutting to be this close and yet so far. Has anyone else had this issue, and does anyone know an effective, certain way to get in touch on an urgent basis with someone in the CIC who can sort this out?!

Thanks,

IR