Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help - Will my application be denied and sent back?

Help - Will my application be denied and sent back?

Old Apr 13th 2018, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

KKaplanis is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help - Will my application be denied and sent back?

Hello,

We mailed off our application for common law sponsorship three days ago, and we just noticed that the photos we sent were only passport size, and not the 50x70. I didnt even think twice about the size when we sent them because I thought all visa and passport photos were all the same size.

I got my fiance and the kids to take new photos today with the correct size of 50x70.

Will our application be sent back to us for the incorrect photo size we originally sent, can I mail the new photos with a letter of explanation? Or will they send me an email to resend correct photo sizes?

Any help would be great, as there are so many mixed answers on this forum.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - Will my application be denied and sent back?

They will most likely proceed with the application but will then send a request for new photos once they have reviewed.

Having passport photos for some reason or another has happened to a lot of people on here and I have never seen it be the cause for out right rejection of the application.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am crossing my fingers � ����as we have the new photos ready to go and be sent off when they need them.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I have known quite a few people get a "returned as incomplete application" for wrong photos/size/quality etc. So you need to be prepared to have to resubmit if that happens. IRCC are much stricter these days since the new application system was launched.

In those cases the Application is not "refused": it's "returned" as incomplete.

When you say "passport size", the Canadian passport photo spec is now the same as the PR photo spec.

Last edited by Snowy560; Apr 13th 2018 at 4:11 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
I have known quite a few people get a "returned as incomplete application" for wrong photos/size/quality etc. So you need to be prepared to have to resubmit if that happens. IRCC are much stricter these days since the new application system was launched.

In those cases the Application is not "refused": it's "returned" as incomplete.

When you say "passport size", the Canadian passport photo spec is now the same as the PR photo spec.
Here in the UK our passport photos are smaller than 50 x 70. It's only Canada and Australia that use that 50 x 70 photos, so we just assumed they were the correct size. I didn't think to measure them.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Take the PR Photo spec (the whole spec: not just the size requirements) to the Photographer and insist they follow it 100%. Take a ruler and measure the photos; the head size etc. and check the background (plain white):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html
Old Apr 16th 2018, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

why didnt you just submit them online?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Help - Will my application be denied and sent back?

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
why didnt you just submit them online?
How do you submit them online, and can you do that with a sponsorship application?
Old Apr 16th 2018, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

RealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond reputeRealVileLev has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I'm sorry man, maybe it's different for yours. With express entry it's all submitted online, I literally just took photos using my iphone
Old Apr 16th 2018, 6:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by RealVileLev
Oh I'm sorry man, maybe it's different for yours. With express entry it's all submitted online, I literally just took photos using my iphone
1. It is, sponsorship application can't be submitted on line.