Help with two Immigration Forms

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Freewheeler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with two Immigration Forms

Perhaps someone has been through a similar scenario...

I am a Canadian citizen currently living in the UK with my wife and two children. My two children are also Canadian citizens. We’re all planning to immigrate together to Canada next summer, so I am in the process of completing immigration forms to obtain sponsorship for my wife who is British. I am having some difficulties completing two of the application forms and would be very grateful for your help.

Firstly, in IMM0008, I am unclear what to enter under Question 3 (number of family members in this application). Should I enter 2, as I need sponsor my wife only, or should it also include our two children, bearing in mind that they are Canadian citizens? Do I also need to add their details as Dependants later on in the same form?

Secondly, I’m also having difficulty correctly entering details for form IMM5481. In the first section under Question 5 A) Current Undertaking, do I enter a value of 2, that being for myself and my wife only, or should it be 4, to include our Canadian children? Also, as this is our first application, I’m assuming Questions 5 B) and 6 don’t apply to us.

Finally, again in relation to IMM5481, on the second page, do I need to enter my children’s details under Question 6 B), again bearing in mind that they are Canadian citizens?

Thank you
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:43 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with two Immigration Forms

Dear Freewheeler, you are only sponsoring your wife. You therefore answer every question in respect of her sponsorship. It can be a bit hard to get your brain around, as you naturally feel responsible for your kids, but for the purposes of this exercise you aren't.....the kids are Canadians and therefore have no need of any form filling, they can enter and leave Canada as they like. Very best of luck, it truly gets easier the more you read them! I know that spousal sponsorship is the easiest way into Canada, but it doesn't seem like it when you are filling in the forms
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Freewheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you MillieF. It does indeed seem strange that I don't have to mention our children in all this.

Originally Posted by MillieF
Dear Freewheeler, you are only sponsoring your wife. You therefore answer every question in respect of her sponsorship. It can be a bit hard to get your brain around, as you naturally feel responsible for your kids, but for the purposes of this exercise you aren't.....the kids are Canadians and therefore have no need of any form filling, they can enter and leave Canada as they like. Very best of luck, it truly gets easier the more you read them! I know that spousal sponsorship is the easiest way into Canada, but it doesn't seem like it when you are filling in the forms
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Freewheeler
Thank you MillieF. It does indeed seem strange that I don't have to mention our children in all this.
The children are on the IMM 5406.