Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

just wondering have you had any reply
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP : Temporary Resident Permit to accompany Work Permit for my partner...

No, still no reply to my email. It's been over 4 days now!

My partner keeps joking that the reason why they won't contact us is because they have lost his application and passport. Lol

I've been reading this forum extensively recently and it seems there isn't many cases about TRPs, they seem quite rare and there doesn't seem to be much info out there about actual cases, just official docs about apply for a TRP or what they are. No one seems to have much first hand knowledge about them.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

i know i did find 2 other members that have applied.i send them pm to ask about their application.one didnt reply the other did but they were waiting nearly 5 mths,
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Yeah it's a shame Irishgirl, we are both in the same boat. Waiting! Fingers crossed for us both.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

that was a couple of years ago fro that member.and as u know my hubby applied at POE so he is already there as well.hope you hear something today.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Another day still no reply.

The thing that worries me and my partner now, is how long will my new employer wait and hold the job for me. If they get impatient (it's been 3 months since I was due to start work!!) surely that means MY TWP will be invalid if they decide to cancel the job on me?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

well if they cancel your job offer then yes your TWP is cancelled.what you have to be careful is your LMO.my hubbys first LMO ran out but his company got him another one.LMO are only valid for 6 mths.
You be surprised how long they might wait if they really want you.My hubbys company waited 10mths.
fingers crossed you get a reply. did you ring that lawyer that i had. she will be at least be able to tell you if he has a chance of been granted TRP at least if you find out that he is a viable candidate then maybe you could go ahead and he could follow.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

I think actually my job is LMO except, at least that is what I think. When my company applied for a CAQ (I'm gonna be working in Quebec) I'm sure I remember something about an LMO exception.

Also we have talked about all these options, we would entertain the idea of me going early and him following me *IF* we knew for certain he would get a yes. Hence why I wanna talk to the embassy about it.

If there is any chance that he can't come and join me, then I'm gonna have to wait with him. Else we might end up with a worse situation for us, if I'm in Canada and he is in the UK.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

well thats good news bout LMO but have you spoken to your employer to see how long they are prepared to wait.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

No, I haven't specifically asked. I think you are right though, they are willing to wait for me. I don't wanna bring it up, if they are getting impatient or have a deadline, they would let me know. Until then I just wait and keep every finger and toe I have crossed, each day. Hehe
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Today might be the day.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing!

I am beginning to think that either the embassy has lost our file, or they are ignoring me on purpose now. I have just RESENT the same email that I sent last week requesting an update.

Am I being unreasonable in just asking that somebody from the embassy make contact me with or my partner?

If they have bad new, or even just to tell us it will take "more" time, that is understandable. What I find hard to believe is that they will just leave us hanging for 16 weeks now without even a word or any kind of communication.

The High Commission website doesn't have any information about how long a TRP application could take, or estimated processing time.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

did u say that someone from high commisssion contacted you a few weeks ago?

it is a nightmare.our lawyer told us its an roughly 3 mths for high commission but obviously you have been waiting longer.

so frustrating.its really not the best system is it.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, a guy phoned me, but that was just to inform me that he was going to authorise my work permit that day (31st August), but also that he couldn't do the work permit for my partner since he needs a TRP first and that would need to go to his supervisor to authorise and could take another 3-4 weeks. (That was 5-6 weeks ago now)

No, its not the best system, especially since people have to put their lives on hold while it is on going and obviously most people are also out of work or living temporarily while waiting to go to Canada.

The least they should do is keep you fully updated on the status, allow communications, or at the very least respond to you when you try to contact them!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

oh i know.we had our house rented out and then got turned down.i ended up liviinh with my parents for a while.lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.