Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help- status says withdrawn but haven't withdrawn!

Help- status says withdrawn but haven't withdrawn!

Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future
Default Help- status says withdrawn but haven't withdrawn!

Hi BE

I have just checked the status of my PR application on CIC website and status says 'withdrawn'! When I click on link, it says:

"We started processing your application on February 19, 2009.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

I haven't withdrawn my application so why does it say this. I sent FSW Cat application on 7th Feb to Nova Scotia - got 120 day letter back dated 20th Feb saying it was being sent to London for further assessment so am just gathering docs together to send. Planning to send in a few weeks way before the 120 day deadline.

What is going on? Has anyone seen this before? Please help!!!

Lucy

PS This the 1st time I have checked the status tool so no idea how it works!!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help- status says withdrawn but haven't withdrawn!

I might not have the correct answer, but I believe it might be the fact that you application is being moved from NS to London.

It's just a guess. Hopefully other people might have more information than I do.

P
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks for your post. Hopefully it is this- why can't they put 'being transferred' then.

I have sent email to CHC London although I never heard back from the last email I sent so hopefully will hear back about this one.

The problem is that not many people are in my situation i.e. post NOv 08 processing so difficult to try to find out.

Why did you think it might be due to being between NS and London? Has this happened before?

Thanks

Lucy
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Check the sixth reply in this thread on immigration.ca

https://www.immigration.ca/discussio...erms=withdrawn

eCAS is also known to be a little bit unreliable at times. I've seen people mentioning that the status never changed even after PPR.

Your best bet is to contact them, hopefully it can be resolved soon.

P
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nuin

Thanks for the link. Looks like it is just in the process of being transferred. Hopefully will get clarification from CHC London soon.

Just another stress to add to the whole visa process!

Thanks again for your help and advice- it's much appreciated!

Lucy
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

We're all in the same "stress" boat.

Hopefully everything will be all right for you.

Cheers
P
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

JusThank you for your email.

You recently received a letter from CPC Sydney asking you to submit your application and supporting documents to our office in London, UK.

The file number provided in the letter was issued by CPC Sydney who creates a file in their system in order to assess your eligibility to apply for immigration. Once CPC Sydney has made this determination, their file is withdrawn from their system and a letter is sent to the applicant advising them of their eligibility to apply for immigration. The file number issued by CPC Sydney is not valid to view the progress of your application as your file will no longer be handled by CPC Sydney but by the immigration office where you were instructed to send your application.

Once you submit your application and supporting documents to our office in London, UK, you will receive a new file number which you will be able to use in e-CAS to view the status of your application in process at our office.

We apologise for the confusion this may cause.

Please comply with the instructions you received from CPC Sydney.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit
t wanted to let you know that got reply from CHC London as below:
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Very nice! Good luck with your process.

And now we know a little bit more about the bureaucracy they have.

Cheers
P
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Thanks Lucy, good to get the official line!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:52 am
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

I'm glad that little wobble has been sorted out. Phew!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Glad the reply from CHC has proved useful to other people and hopefully will do in the future!

Thanks again for all your help-invaluable as per usual!

Lucy

PS Sorry if it looked a bit confusing- the copy and paste went a bit funny!