Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP - question re TWP spousal passport renewal

HELP - question re TWP spousal passport renewal

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:08 pm
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of
Default HELP - question re TWP spousal passport renewal

Hi all

Now at the stage of applying for TWP - LMO arrived yesterday (finally). Anyway just printed off the TWP forms for OH and myself and have now realised my passport runs out in 2010 before OH's contract expires. CHC state that my open work permit can only run until 2010. So do I a) renew my passport asap or b) send in photocopy of my current passport alongside explanation to CHC that it is in the process of being renewed.

Major hitch is that OH's new company want him at his desk on 17th November which is just over 6 weeks away and the TWP is currently taking 6 weeks (?).

Seen that some of you guys have had TWP issued at POE - should he try that route instead? Does it get more complicated as the rest of us are following in March 2009?

Any help gratefully received as I am currently sitting here trying to fill in the TWP forms!
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP - question re TWP spousal passport renewal

When my partner and I applied for TWP renewals, my passport only had 8 months before the expiry date. They processed the application, giving him a new TWP that lasted a year, and me an open WP that lasted until my passport expiry date. I can reapply to have my open WP extended to the same date as his once I renew my passport. Hope that's of some help.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:39 am
Permanent Resident

The Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud ofThe Ross Family has much to be proud of

Thanks SpruceMoose

Did you renew your passport whilst in Canada? Thinking I will just put in the TWP forms and sort the rest out later as we don't have much time.

Talk about stress!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Yes, we renewed in Canada.

Initially we got our first work permits at POE, and that went very smoothly. You don't even need to fill out the application forms for that.

Good luck!