Help Query on Application Process

Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:21 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice
Default Help Query on Application Process

OK I know there are a few of you out there who have recently sent in their application so I,m hoping you can assist. Ive read the guides but a little unclear on the following. ( I,m applying from the UK to Sydney initially then London for SW route.)

1.) Can someone pls summarise the information I need to provide at the initial application to Sydney prior to sending off the full application to London.

2.) Any hints on longer lead documents that I should start getting moving prior to commencement of the visa soffice specific application to London.

Thanks for your assistance
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

J0n35y will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help Query on Application Process

Originally Posted by Buchan6
OK I know there are a few of you out there who have recently sent in their application so I,m hoping you can assist. Ive read the guides but a little unclear on the following. ( I,m applying from the UK to Sydney initially then London for SW route.)

1.) Can someone pls summarise the information I need to provide at the initial application to Sydney prior to sending off the full application to London.

2.) Any hints on longer lead documents that I should start getting moving prior to commencement of the visa soffice specific application to London.

Thanks for your assistance
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

Hope that link works but basically everything on that list will need to be filled in (but if not using a rep then dont bother with that). Other than payment nothing else needs sending in at the Sydney stage I dont think. Photos will be needed for the London stage as will supporting evidence for everything you put on it.

The Visa specific list is a guideline of what will be required come the London stage of application. From looking at this it would def pay to get a start on things sooner rather than later. We have relatives in Canada and some of the evidence that London require must come from them which may take some time for example.

It really depends on how good your record keeping is as to what you will need to start looking into now. Luckily my partner and I have very organised parents so all our historic stuff is easily found as is all our education, sons certificates, etc.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Buchan6;8457764]OK I know there are a few of you out there who have recently sent in their application so I,m hoping you can assist. Ive read the guides but a little unclear on the following. ( I,m applying from the UK to Sydney initially then London for SW route.)

Are you applying via FSWcat1 (without job offer )?
If so :
fully completed application forms ( take photo copies ), banker draft ( if not paying via c/c) , photo copy of passports (photopage)

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you, the principal applicant:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation
• original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers.
Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full
address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official
seal.
Letters must include all of the following information:
• the specific period of your employment with the company
• the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent
in each position
• your main responsibilities in each position
• your total annual salary plus benefits
• the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the
company
• a business card of the person signing
If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a
written explanation.

all the best

Last edited by joinerboy; Mar 29th 2010 at 6:41 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Knew I had forgotten something! The passport copy of applicant! d'oh!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:50 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Cheers for the rapid responses lads no doubt I'll be back with more queries for you

Joinerboy - Yes, I,m applying via FSWcat1 (without job offer)

Its a long story I,m on of the 10,000 Dollar cure folk. We were over there in 06&07 came back, long story family stuff, but havent got sufficient time in on the PR to renew automatically hence the new application.

On the positive it sounds easier and thankfully quicker than my 1st time.

Last edited by Buchan6; Mar 29th 2010 at 6:56 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J0n35y
Knew I had forgotten something! The passport copy of applicant! d'oh!

Don't worry they get to see your original if you get a PPR
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers for the rapid responses lads no doubt I'll be back with more queries for you

Joinerboy - Yes, I,m applying via FSWcat1 (without job offer)

Its a long story I,m on of the 10,000 cure folk. We were over there in 06&07 came back, long story family stuff, but havent got sufficient time in on the PR to renew automatically hence the new application.

On the positive it sounds easier and thankfully quicker than my 1st time.

Best wishes for the future
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:55 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

"original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers." -How far back did you go as the application data only covers the most recent last 10 years. I know of one company I worked for ages back that has gone t*** up in th last couple of years.

"stamped with the company’s official seal." No Company i know has these. Any thoughts ?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

"original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers." -How far back did you go as the application data only covers the most recent last 10 years. I know of one company I worked for ages back that has gone t*** up in th last couple of years.

"stamped with the company’s official seal." No Company i know has these. Any thoughts ?
Official seal - Im sure as the letter ends up signed by your boss/bosses and on headed paper then it shouldnt be a problem? An accompanying letter explaining the circumstances would probably do no harm too I suppose.

Im lucky in that I only have one employer to get a reference from and I know the HR woman fairly well so shouldnt have a problem getting exactly what I need (hopefully!).
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I went back 20 years with ref's as i wanted to provide written confirmation of my trade apprenticeship but its really the ref's in connection with your chosen NOC they are interested in, supply what you can is my advice.
If you can't provide a certain reference or document then provide a
written explanation. The better you prepare your application pack & more complete it is i think the less chance of further problems later.