Help, PR Issue

Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Thecheshirecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help, PR Issue

Hi guys, I have a friend whose PR application was caught up in all this Buffalo poo and pants. Her and her husband have been waiting 2 years for it now. They have paid their ROPR fee 3 months ago and still nothing. The issue is that her mum has been diagnosed with Cancer in the UK and is really poorly. Obviously she would like to go back for a while to help look after her but is worried about her PR and being on the 1 month time limit to land once she gets the COPR, but also is in turmoil because she hasn't heard anything yet and is worried about that.

Does anyone know if there are any lenience's with CIC when there is a situation like this and how can she go about going home to help her mum without having to come back and land and then go back to the UK again.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated. TIA
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help, PR Issue

I'm confused, what 'one month limit to land'? Where is she now and what visa route is she going down?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

sorry didn't explain that very well did I she is in alberta going through AINP and the 28 day landing when you get your COPR....or is there no limit now....long time since I did mine....sorry

Last edited by Thecheshirecat; Oct 15th 2013 at 6:24 pm. Reason: missed out info
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thecheshirecat
sorry didn't explain that very well did I she is in alberta going through AINP
Yes but why does she think she has one month to land? It's a year for PR.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks didn't know that
Old Oct 15th 2013, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Depending when the COPR is issued by CIC some have been given less than 12 months to formally land and the odd case where some have only been given a month or so to land.
Depending when medicals were submitted etc the expiry date can vary so check the COPR form for the expiry date.
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

sorry didn't explain that very well did I she is in alberta going through AINP and the 28 day landing when you get your COPR....or is there no limit now....long time since I did mine....sorry
Originally Posted by bats
Yes but why does she think she has one month to land? It's a year for PR.
Not necessarily.

It's 12 months from the date of the medical (unless an extension is given) or the date of expiry of your passport - the date of expiry will be on the COPR document.

"... 2. How much time will I have to enter Canada after receiving my permanent resident visa??

You must enter Canada within the validity of your permanent resident visa. A permanent resident visa cannot be extended.

The validity of a permanent resident visa is connected to the date of expiry of the medical examination results as well as to the validity of the passport. The medical examination results are valid for one year from the date you had the examination.

The expiry date is clearly visible on the visa sticker.

As of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa-exempt countries no longer have a permanent resident visa affixed to their passport. These applicants are only issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The expiry date is clearly visible on the COPR... "
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

that's part of the problem, because they have been caught up in this whole buffalo mess, their medicals were almost 2 years ago. Does this mean they may have to land right away.....????
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

that's part of the problem, because they have been caught up in this whole buffalo mess, their medicals were almost 2 years ago. Does this mean they may have to land right away.....????
No, it means their medicals have expired and they'll have to do them again. So that'll give her the full year to land at least.

When did they actually first apply?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

They are more likely to be either asked to have another medical or else have their medical extended. I would suggest they email (using the email address in the link below) and ask if they require any further documentation in order to finalise the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ada/ottawa.asp click on FAQ 1 to see processing updates.

Old Oct 15th 2013, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

They apparently don't have to do their medicals again because it was a government cock up....their papers went to Buffalo as it closed and wound up doing a trip around the world.....they have been asked for the right of permanent residency fee, and it has been paid but that was 4 months ago now and still nothing.....could she send an email to CIC to explain the urgency of this....they have tried before and never got a reply, but it was before her mum was sick