Help! Possible mistake on COPR?

Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Help! Possible mistake on COPR?

It never ends does it?!

I've just been checking through our COPR paperwork this evening and noticed that my husband and I have both got our relationship status listed as Common-law. We applied as CL but have been married since 2011. They have had our marriage certificate since then and the COPR shows our married names. Do I need to email them about this or do you think it won't be an issue? GAH!!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:55 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Possible mistake on COPR?

Email them.
If no response then I suspect this is something that can be rectified on landing by showing the appropriate paperwork.
Easy to say but I wouldn't stress.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Thanks Zoe. Have sent them an email. What a pain but hopefully it can be sorted really quickly. I doubt we will hear from them until well after easter though...
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much as you applied CL as opposed to being single where that would have implications.
If they received your marriage certificate in 2011 then it appears to be an oversight on the overseas office as they issued the COPR.
From your sig it appears that you have received your COPR forms but have not landed yet is this the case?
If this is the case then the COPR document has only been recently issued and they have had your marriage certificate since 2011.
When does the COPR form expire?
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi W&W It should probably OK but maybe a delay response esp given the Easter break, but I am sure it will be fine. Don't stress and enjoy the holidays
Old Apr 18th 2014, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, we have not landed yet. The COPR was only issued last week and expires in December. We are due to move at the end of Oct so have a long while yet to get it sorted. Massively frustrating to have to deal with more problems after such a long wait for PR but hopefully it will just be a simple case of sending the forms back in and getting new ones sent out.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:28 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Errors such as this are commonly fixed t the border on landing by simply showing the documentation.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Errors such as this are commonly fixed t the border on landing by simply showing the documentation.
Oh Jim how much faith you have in CBSA officers working at POEs
I agree its a minor mistake unless you have a brand new officer who is informed of the change of status and refuses to land them as they think there has been a change in status and doesn't read CIC ENF4 Manual.
CIC ENF4 Manual POE examinations
12.7. Changes in marital and family status
R51 requires a foreign national who has been issued a permanent resident visa as a single person to advise an officer if their marital status has changed since the visa was issued.
A report under A44(1) for A41(a) for R51 is not necessary, if the non-declaration of a marriage or common-law relationship to the visa officer does not affect the grant of permanent residence to the person in the following cases:
 In the case of refugees and protected persons, a BSO should grant permanent resident status to these classes of persons and provide counselling regarding the sponsorship of a spouse or common-law partner; and
 A foreign national who marries their sponsor after the visa is issued, but before the grant of permanent residence. This change in circumstance is not material to admissibility.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:16 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Name spellings, DOBs and marriage after visa issuance were always done at the POE during my years in the foreign half of CIC. This often happened because there was not enough time to correct them at the visa office. Here there is time and the applicant has notified the visa issuing office so it should get done there.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Name spellings, DOBs and marriage after visa issuance were always done at the POE during my years in the foreign half of CIC. This often happened because there was not enough time to correct them at the visa office. Here there is time and the applicant has notified the visa issuing office so it should get done there.
They still are but then they still had legacy CIC officers working at the POEs now the vast majority are legacy Customs Officers who attend a 10 day course
Old Apr 18th 2014, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

This is all steller info. Many thanks! Sounds like we have the time to push them, even if it takes a few emails to change it. We were issued COPR after only 6 days from dropping off the passports so hopefully they will be pretty quick about it.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
This is all steller info. Many thanks! Sounds like we have the time to push them, even if it takes a few emails to change it. We were issued COPR after only 6 days from dropping off the passports so hopefully they will be pretty quick about it.
They made quite a substantial mistake on our documents, in that they had the wrong country of birth for both of our children (no idea how they managed that). We actually picked our documents up in person and luckily my husband checked them over before he left the office. They were able to make the changes there and then and issue us with the correct documentation. So, as you have time before you are planning on landing, I am sure there is plenty of time to sort it out.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

So, I've tried to email the twice now. Both times, I have not had the standard auto-response about replying in 28 days. One time, I had a post-master fail?! These are the same email addresses we have used throughout and have never had a problem before.

Should I pester them a 3rd time via the webform or sit tight. I am just anxious as I have literally no way of knowing if they received our message and obviously it is quite an important issue.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:35 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

When my husband and I applied for PR (family class), we applied as common-law and got married four months later. When COPR was issued, it was issued as a common-law application - that was how we'd originally applied and they can't change it. You are required to inform them of your status change (though apparently they didn't match my email to the file) but they won't change the way they've processed your application other than making a note in your file that you're now hitched.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much. Send another email in a week or two (maybe Easter messed it up?), and when you send take a screenshot (I'm assuming a copy of the email isn't sent to you). If they aren't responding then there isn't much you can do! But as I said I woulnd't worry about it as you have informed them of your change of status anyway.

Just my 2¢.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reassurance. We actually had a reply this morning (their email must have been affected by Easter after all). They said that they will be re-issuing the documents "subject to locating sufficient spare photos on your file" and will be mailed out to us. So hopefully it will be en route soon. I'll be so cross if we have to folk out another £20 on photos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.