Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help Please! :) (medical, criminal record, london embassy)

Help Please! :) (medical, criminal record, london embassy)

Old Mar 8th 2009, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Everne is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help Please! :) (medical, criminal record, london embassy)

Hi All,

My partner is Canadian and lives in Vancouver; I had to move back to the UK last aug due to various temporary visa issues. We have been trying to get together all our PR paperwork to submit asap but I have a few niggling issues..

1) Medical. I have my medical booked for next week as it says that I need to include the completed doctor's form in my application. It seems as though lots of people are waiting on Medical Request forms... is this just to have the results sent though to the embassy?

2) I have lived in Vancouver for 2 years but when I look to see how I get a police check for my time spent there it says they will request it if necessary... this seems strange to me! I would just like some reassurance that this is correct.

3) What is the best contact info for contacting the London embassy to ask questions to? I am having real trouble finding a contact email or number for general questions and can understand that they may not wish to be bugged by loads of questions from people like me!

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please! :) (medical, criminal record, london embassy)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you clarify how you are applying for PR? Spousal sponsorship, PNP, SW, etc??

And don't bother trying to phone the embassy - you're unlikely to find a phone number, and even if you do, you get through to a (very expensive) recorded message. In the unlikely event that you (by some miracle) manage to actually speak to a person there, they are renowned for giving incorrect advice! So don't bother.

Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:53 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Everne
Hi All,

My partner is Canadian and lives in Vancouver; I had to move back to the UK last aug due to various temporary visa issues. We have been trying to get together all our PR paperwork to submit asap but I have a few niggling issues..

1) Medical. I have my medical booked for next week as it says that I need to include the completed doctor's form in my application. It seems as though lots of people are waiting on Medical Request forms... is this just to have the results sent though to the embassy?

2) I have lived in Vancouver for 2 years but when I look to see how I get a police check for my time spent there it says they will request it if necessary... this seems strange to me! I would just like some reassurance that this is correct.

3) What is the best contact info for contacting the London embassy to ask questions to? I am having real trouble finding a contact email or number for general questions and can understand that they may not wish to be bugged by loads of questions from people like me!

Thanks for your help!
1. If it is a spousal application (I hope so, since you have been separated for 6 months, so you will have much difficulty with a C/law) the DMP has the forms and will give you a copy to submit with the application and the sponsorship to Mississauaga.
2. CIC will do a name check on CPIC, and if there is no record under your name/age they will not request that you do fingerprints for an RCMP check.
3. It is very unlikely that they will answer general questions on their general email inquiries if the information is on the CIC web site.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help! I'm feeling a lot better about getting all the i's dotted and the t's crossed!

My partner is sponsoring me and we are going down the conjugal partner route.. i know that it's had a lot of flack on this forum but we are pretty confident as have friends that have gone through the process succesfully so fingers crossed.

thanks again for the warm welcome, this forum is a great resource
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Everne
Thanks for your help! I'm feeling a lot better about getting all the i's dotted and the t's crossed!

My partner is sponsoring me and we are going down the conjugal partner route.. i know that it's had a lot of flack on this forum but we are pretty confident as have friends that have gone through the process succesfully so fingers crossed.

thanks again for the warm welcome, this forum is a great resource
You realize that this is the hardest category to qualify in? Especially if there are no barriers to either living together or marrying.

PMM
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Yup!

Thanks for the comment though...
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

As conjugal application, it is in theory supposed to be much faster than skilled worker applications, so they advise including medical in initial application to avoid delays, the people you see talking about medical requests are most likely applying for visas which have a much longer processing time and if they include medical it will expire by the time the get approved.

I am also being sponsored through common law partner so i believe it is the same application as you, isnt finding all the evidence so much fun!!

Good Luck with your application, hope it goes smoothly!!