Wikiposts

Help Please!!! E-LMO delayed.

Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

wee soj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please!!! E-LMO delayed.

Hi There Everybody,
To cut a long story short my problem is that there seems to be a problem with my E-LMO and i'm due to fly out in under a weeks time with my partner and 2 kids and it may be the case that it won't be ready for me by the time we fly out. My tools have been shipped out, my home contents are most likely on a boat somewhere now and i'm living in a friends caravan till we fly out next wednesday. Could anyone give me any sound advice on what my best options are as this couldn't have happened at a worst time for all of us. I have been told that I maybe should buy returns for us all to give some time to sort this problem out once we're over but as you will already know this wiil cost a fair bit for 4 return flights which in the end will be non-refundable if all this gets sorted which it hopefully will. Any advice about any other options available to us would be greatly appreciated at this late moment.

Regards Stevie.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:03 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help Please!!! E-LMO delayed.

Sorry to sound negative but.........

The morale of the story is.........

Always have paperwork in hand BEFORE booking anything.........
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

I second that....Canadian immigration works at a snail's pace and whether you get a quick, hassle-free experience or a long drawn out nightmare really is pot-luck. I won't book my flight or even leave my job here in the UK until I've got everything signed, sealed and delivered.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:16 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

You could email them........

But only when the full 6 weeks waiting time is up........

They may give you the usual cursory reply.......

But might be worth a try at least......
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wee soj
Hi There Everybody,
To cut a long story short my problem is that there seems to be a problem with my E-LMO and i'm due to fly out in under a weeks time with my partner and 2 kids and it may be the case that it won't be ready for me by the time we fly out. My tools have been shipped out, my home contents are most likely on a boat somewhere now and i'm living in a friends caravan till we fly out next wednesday. Could anyone give me any sound advice on what my best options are as this couldn't have happened at a worst time for all of us. I have been told that I maybe should buy returns for us all to give some time to sort this problem out once we're over but as you will already know this wiil cost a fair bit for 4 return flights which in the end will be non-refundable if all this gets sorted which it hopefully will. Any advice about any other options available to us would be greatly appreciated at this late moment.

Regards Stevie.
What is the 'Long story' . I am also waiting for an LMO but if you are waiting for e-LMO did they not have it in place already? When did employer submit it ? Have all conditions at their end been met, advertising job, correct pay scale etc. I have been tempted to go out before mine comes through rather than lose my house sale but it all depends on if you can afford the wait, private school fees etc.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:08 am
Just Joined

wee soj is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done everything asked of me and my employer had pre approval or so he told me. Everything was just waiting for me to tie up my loose ends and confirm when I would be arriving so had no idea there was going to be any problems from either the consultant or my employer. They were now just basically waiting on me. To be fair the consultant is still to get back to me after finding out what the problem is so still unclear and was called only last night and with time differance I expect to hear later this evening.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wee soj
I have done everything asked of me and my employer had pre approval or so he told me. Everything was just waiting for me to tie up my loose ends and confirm when I would be arriving so had no idea there was going to be any problems from either the consultant or my employer. They were now just basically waiting on me. To be fair the consultant is still to get back to me after finding out what the problem is so still unclear and was called only last night and with time differance I expect to hear later this evening.

Well hope all turns out OK for you. Not sure if it will for us