Help Needed Please

Old Mar 24th 2017, 3:56 am
Just Joined

AzLar41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Needed Please

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What other qualifications does she have? You said it was a post-graduate degree, so does that mean she's got a degree? If so, it would be 112, or she might possibly get away with having 'two more certificates, diplomas or degrees', which would be 119.

But if you can give us more info about her highest qualification (and any other relevant ones) then we can help you figure it out.
I'll do some digging but think it's MCIPS?
Graduate level diploma????

On another note what route in would we have if I were offered a job? How does that work?
Thanks
Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:03 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AzLar41

On another note what route in would we have if I were offered a job? How does that work?
Thanks
She might find this link helpful. https://www.cips.org/en-cn/community...anches/canada/

Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ok. That sounds like another professional qualification, or have I misunderstood? What does she have in terms of academic qualifications?

If you're offered a job, then you could go over on a Temp Work Permit. You'd also need a LMIA as well as the job offer (something the employer has to apply for, at a cost of $1000 to them, to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, and able, to do the job). Once you are over there on a TWP, you can then apply for PR via EE as above, and you'd get the extra 50 points (or 200 in certain occupations) for having the job and LMIA.

There may also be other visa routes for you - how old are you both and which province are you aiming for?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 24th 2017 at 4:48 am.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:58 am
Just Joined

AzLar41 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah, ok. That sounds like another professional qualification, or have I misunderstood? What does she have in terms of academic qualifications?

If you're offered a job, then you could go over on a Temp Work Permit. You'd also need a LMIA as well as the job offer (something the employer has to apply for, at a cost of $1000 to them, to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, and able, to do the job). Once you are over there on a TWP, you can then apply for PR via EE as above, and you'd get the extra 50 points (or 200 in certain occupations) for having the job and LMIA.

There may also be other visa routes for you - how old are you both and which province are you aiming for?
I'm 38 my wife 40 hopefully ontario?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very surprised you scored your wife at over 500 points when aged 40, and with no provincial nomination or job offer - can you explain how many points each of you got from each section in Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria – Express Entry ?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 5:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 38 my wife 40 hopefully ontario?
OK, so the IEC visa is out. I agree with Vulcanoid, if your wife is 40 then I can't see how she'd get close to 520 personally, I think a mistake must have been made somewhere. My guess would be she'd be just short of 300 points from what you've said.

But recheck both your points scores using the link above and let us know what they are, hopefully one of you will still score enough to apply for EE, and that would be an awful lot easier than having to find a job offer from a sponsoring employer (and much more secure to move over with PR when you've got kids too, rather than being on a TWP and beholden to your employer).

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 24th 2017 at 5:11 am.