HELP, Lost PR card in the UK!!!!!

Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

richardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud of
Default HELP, Lost PR card in the UK!!!!!

Hello All,

I arrived yesterday back in the UK for a two week visit and I have lost my PR card!!!! (in a pub I think). I am kind of frantic. What do I need to do (and is it expensive), shall I call Canada or the UK. Will they let me back in without it????

I feel so stupid :curse:

Cheers,
Richard
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP, Lost PR card in the UK!!!!!

Originally Posted by richardm123
Hello All,

I arrived yesterday back in the UK for a two week visit and I have lost my PR card!!!! (in a pub I think). I am kind of frantic. What do I need to do (and is it expensive), shall I call Canada or the UK. Will they let me back in without it????

I feel so stupid :curse:

Cheers,
Richard
Oh dear you must be in a bit of a flap, hopefully someone will be along with better advice but in the meantime I did find this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/travel.asp

I think you'll need to contact the Canadian High Commission in London to get a travel document. Good luck I hope you can get this sorted out quickly
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:11 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

You should go to London and get a visa in your passport.

You have to go in the Morning (its open 8am to 11am only) with all your details, passport, Canadian drivers license, credit/debit cards etc. You will also need a passport type photo and some cash. (I cant remember how much its either 25 or 50 GBP) Its best to get there early at least by 7.30am and if its raining make sure you have an umbrella & coat as you queue outside and they let 10 people in at a time. The quickest it has taken me from being let in is 3 hours the longest 5.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inFORMa...ons/london.asp

But in January when I came back from the UK I pulled out my PR card for the Immigration person, only to see that it was my wifes . No problems though, they just sent me to the immigration dept, a couple of questions, a stamp in the passport, and I was off to collect my luggage.

Last edited by MB-Realtor; Mar 1st 2009 at 2:17 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

richardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud of

I am travelling on a UK passport, will I still need a travel document as UK citizens do not need a visa to enter Canada?. Can I just not apply for a replacement when I return?.

Cheers,
Richard
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Do you still have the original visa in your passport? I know it's a 'one-time entry' only thing, but it might at least show your were allowed in legally a while ago! Do you have any other paperwork on you that show your current Canadian address, ie, Driving Licence, travel insurance docs, letters, etc?

The first time we returned to Canada after a trip we didn't have our PR cards with us. It was politely suggested that we needed to carry them, but nothing more was said.

Alternatively - report the loss at a police station in the UK and take a Lost Property Reference Number (get them to write it on a compliment slip) and then when you return to Canada, you can wave that at the immigration officer while explaining what happened, and you 'thought' you could only re-apply for a new one once you were back home

(You might get asked for it at the UK end of the airport journey though)
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I have my original visa still in my passport. I have my last Canadian payslip (with my address on) my sin card and a BC health card but no drivers license (I do not drive).

I am pretty worried as I am going to have problems getting back down to London before going back to Vancouver.

Cheers,
Richard
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Richard - I'd still report it Lost to the police - particularly if you do know roughly where it was lost - and let the London High Commission know too somehow. Some thoughtful soul might hand it in, or even post it to the High Commission - which is what I'd do if I found it.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Great, I will do that in the morning. Thank you for alleviating my worries a little!!.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardm123
Hi,

I have my original visa still in my passport. I have my last Canadian payslip (with my address on) my sin card and a BC health card but no drivers license (I do not drive).

I am pretty worried as I am going to have problems getting back down to London before going back to Vancouver.

Cheers,
Richard
Who are you flying with? Air Canada? A charter airline? Or someone else?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

My son has just got back from Mexico where he spent two months.
He realised on the journey back that he hadn't taken his PR card with hm to Mexico!
He has had his passport renewed since he came to canada so he hasn't got the origional landing paper work in it.
They let him in at Lester Pearson Toronto without any trouble.

I am not sure what questions they asked him but it wasn't a problem.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hello All,

I got a permit to travel in my passport yesterday. I had to travel down to London but it was done in a few hours. They pretty much interigated me though!!!!.

Cheers,
Richard